The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

That is uncalled for. We’ve no idea if his sister had a long term illness prior to passing away in November, or if there is anything else in the background. I wish him well.

Why is it uncalled for?

She may well of had a long term illness?  Since she was a private in the army, i doubt that very much.

I'm just stating the fact that he was shite, and a waste for 200k we spunked on him.

Why is it uncalled for?
She may well of had a long term illness?  Since she was a private in the army, i doubt that very much.
I'm just stating the fact that he was shite, and a waste for 200k we spunked on him.

Privates in the army are immune from suffering mental health issues of course.

I don’t think it’s a fact that he was shite at all. There was a player there at some point in the not too distant past, and unfortunate circumstances contributed to us being unable to unearth his talent.

13 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Is Morgan even any good? I genuinely can't remember seeing him play at all for Celtic this season. Wiki seems to think he has 16 appearances but how many of them have been competitive starts?

Morgan was absolutely brilliant for Saint Mirren last season and was a joy to watch even as a fan of the team he was routinely shagging inside out most weeks. Not as quick as Hayes but a good dribbler, decent pace and a nice cross on him. Can strike a decent set piece as well.

10 hours ago, TrebleTwenty said:

Why is it uncalled for?

You should give motivational speeches.

I think Hayes would be the only exception to the rule of “nae Celtic loanees”.

The difference being that we wouldn’t be developing him to play for them as it’s obvious he’s surplus to requirements, and also that I love him and want him to come home.

I’m not sure he’d be much use to be honest looked a shadow of the player he was, when he played here on Boxing Day

3 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

I think Hayes would be the only exception to the rule of “nae Celtic loanees”.

The difference being that we wouldn’t be developing him to play for them as it’s obvious he’s surplus to requirements, and also that I love him and want him to come home.

I was about to post exactly that.

Although I'm sceptical as to whether he'd be half of what he was.  Couple of years older and a broken leg too.

Where did you see that?

Headline in Newsnow from the Dundee Telegraph. “Gleeson on McIntyre radar”

But just read the article and nothing of the sort. No quote at all from Dundee.

30 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Pretty sure that Derek McInnes intimated yesterday that there were a couple of Irish clubs interested in him.

Yeah definitely sounds like something that's been in the works and partly why I don't think. Aberdeen would have paid him on the way out as some people have claimed.

I’m not sure he’d be much use to be honest looked a shadow of the player he was, when he played here on Boxing Day

I thought he played very well that day, although admittedly out of position at left back.

He was certainly better there than Callum McGregor in the OF the following game.