The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

14 minutes ago, TrebleTwenty said:

Read it was around 120k Plus 6 months wages. 

Sister died suddenly in November. He was shite, before that happened.

Unlucky or not, probably our worst signing in modern times, not many outside the ugly sisters can pay a fee for players, we have spunked the guts of 200k on this lad.

I think I saw him play twice, both for 45 minutes or less.  So I had no basis to make any conclusions on him.

The guys sister dying has clearly had a significant effect, as it would anyone.  Who really cares  about the financial impact, some things are more important.

32 minutes ago, TrebleTwenty said:

Read it was around 120k Plus 6 months wages. 

Sister died suddenly in November. He was shite, before that happened.

Unlucky or not, probably our worst signing in modern times, not many outside the ugly sisters can pay a fee for players, we have spunked the guts of 200k on this lad.

That is uncalled for. We’ve no idea if his sister had a long term illness prior to passing away in November, or if there is anything else in the background. I wish him well.

oh well  forrester   off .     against West Brom  in the friendly i thought hey we got a player here,  thanks for the pen at hibs        but not to be   3 year deal he was on .

as for the morgan rumours hopefully its hibees he is away to...morgan canna  lace mclennan boots min . 

3 hours ago, SamuraiJock said:

Surely if Morgan on loan is the best option available in this window then it is worth doing? Of course you'd rather have the same player on a permanent deal, but that doesn't mean any such player is realistically available right now.

Having to drop Christie for all the Celtic games wasn't ideal, but the real problem was that nobody stepped up in his absence. I'd hope we could get more out of the youngsters who could step-in now for any games Morgan misses.

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I'll respectfully disagree.

Realistically our best chance of winning a trophy this season is the Scottish cup (if we can get past Stenhousemuir). To win the cup, there's a fair chance that at some point we'll have to beat Celtic.....a game that Morgan couldn't play in anyway.

I can't for a moment think what benefit there is for Aberdeen in helping to develop another Celtic youngster.

There would be a benefit in the short term but there is also an opportunity cost. 

Maybe (i know, balls etc) if we had been forced to give Stewart a more extended run he would have got up to pace quicker and signed up again in august. Maybe Wright or Mclennan would have stepped up. Maybe we could have signed a random on a permanent for the same wage and got a transfer fee and been no worse off.

I wouldn't want Morgan ahead of Mclennan or Wright unless we own his registration. It's silly to say there would be no benefit though.

I'll respectfully disagree.
Realistically our best chance of winning a trophy this season is the Scottish cup (if we can get past Stenhousemuir). To win the cup, there's a fair chance that at some point we'll have to beat Celtic.....a game that Morgan couldn't play in anyway.
I can't for a moment think what benefit there is for Aberdeen in helping to develop another Celtic youngster.

I find your opinion and other similar opinions quite baffling tbh.

Morgan/ Christie or other loanees if good enough could be the difference between finishing 2 or 3 places higher in the league. You could be looking at £500k to £1m extra revenue from having that type of player at zero risk to the club.

I also notice a lot of Dons fans wanting their own young players sent out for experience. Should the smaller clubs in the league just refuse to take your players because they will go back to Aberdeen more experienced?

I don’t think Aberdeen fans are advocating sending youngsters out to other teams in the league. But other teams outside the league, that we would only possibly face in a cup then fair enough.

Out of interest - Why are ‘t Celtic giving Morgan game time?

6 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Very surprised to see Stewart getting hassle from here, from guys who weren't at the game on Saturday no less. He was one of the bright sparks in an otherwise unremarkable performance. 

His touch into Shinnie for Lowes goal was great. Can't see May giving us that. Constantly able to hold off the defender and turn them as well.

If there is any blame for Cosgrove being isolated then that is on GMS and McGinn both sitting miles away from him. I said as much when GMS was injured and was told he has been our player of the year so far. Individually he performed, but we've looked so much better as a team without him. It's no coincidence that GMS is back and Cosgrove looks like the same player we saw from August to November.

While it can’t all be blamed on GMS, you do make some good points.

Morgan/ Christie or other loanees if good enough could be the difference between finishing 2 or 3 places higher in the league. You could be looking at £500k to £1m extra revenue from having that type of player at zero risk to the club.

I also notice a lot of Dons fans wanting their own young players sent out for experience. Should the smaller clubs in the league just refuse to take your players because they will go back to Aberdeen more experienced?

I’m not THAT against the Morgan loan although id rather we didn’t.

Not sure though why it’s difficult to understand that we’d rather source a player of similar quality that can help us against Celtic. Under McInnes it is basically Celtic that have stood between us and trophies on multiple occasions.

The Christie loan wasn’t so bad first time round as Celtic were about 50 points clear of everyone and it wasn’t as much of an issue (although we did suffer in the SC final).

We have a decent squad capable of competing for 2nd, any improvements should be steps taken towards overcoming Celtic.

I don’t want to take Celtic loanees because we are in direct competition with you, if not for the league, certainly for the cups.

Christie not being eligible for the most important game of the 2016/17 season was annoying. Christie scoring in the League Cup Final hurt me.

As said by others, we could have played another player in that position. Stewart could have played through the middle, McLennan could be a year ahead in his development, Christie could have been sitting on his arse doing nothing at all.

We shouldn’t be doing Celtic any favours. Respectfully, Morgan, Rodgers, Celtic and you can f**k off.

26 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

We’ll have come to some sort of arrangement. It won’t be the full contract but I think there’ll be some sort of payoff.

I dunno, the way most of the press are saying he asked to go for the family issues and is being lined up by Irish sides so I can't see why the club would give him more money on the way out when they've already basically waived a transfer fee and written off the money spent just a few months ago.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Tartantony said:

I think others have explained the simplicity of this.