The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Guest Bob Mahelp
9 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Really? You didn’t think that he had a decent game on Saturday? Forced the keeper into saves, hit the underside of the crossbar, and had some great skill on the ball and decent ball retention.

I don't think he had a better or worse game than anyone else. They were all piss poor, and he missed an absolute sitter.

I've yet to see any evidence in any game that Stewart has played for the Dons that he fits the way McInnes wants the team to play. That's not necessarily his fault, because he's a talented player of that there's no doubt.

I'm a long way from being convinced though that we're a better team with him than without him.

Guest Bob Mahelp
6 minutes ago, KTID26 said:

Maybe if your manager wasn't so tactically inept you would be able to get the best out of Greg Stewart.

Only 11 posts in and managing to make a tw*t of yourself.

Kudos.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

I felt bad for Killie initially but this scorned lover act over Greg Stewart is getting a bit old.

My comment was nothing to do with how Aberdeen procured the player. It was merely a fact, the odious little man IS tactically inept.

4 minutes ago, KTID26 said:

over 1200 posts and you think an insult is the correct response to my post. Get real and realise the truth.

Put some meat on the bones of this 'fact' then.  

What is it that he does that you would do differently?

Edited by Dons_1988

We’ve nae need for Morgan, and if it’s a loan it can definitely f**k off.

This. Not happy with developing Celtic players for them, and like you say, there doesn't seem to be any real need for him. I'm hoping this is just the Glasgow media seeing that he's a talented young Celtic player going out on loan to someone, with Aberdeen having previous for this with Christie, and them assuming that means we are in for him, rather than there being any real substance to the story.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Aberdeen turned Christie into an internationalist and made him the player that he's become.

What benefit did we get out of it ?

I hope that Mcinnes drops this lunatic idea (if it's real).  I could see Morgan getting a hard time from Dons fans if he ends up at Pittodrie for the next 5 months.

Very surprised to see Stewart getting hassle from here, from guys who weren't at the game on Saturday no less. He was one of the bright sparks in an otherwise unremarkable performance. 

His touch into Shinnie for Lowes goal was great. Can't see May giving us that. Constantly able to hold off the defender and turn them as well.

If there is any blame for Cosgrove being isolated then that is on GMS and McGinn both sitting miles away from him. I said as much when GMS was injured and was told he has been our player of the year so far. Individually he performed, but we've looked so much better as a team without him. It's no coincidence that GMS is back and Cosgrove looks like the same player we saw from August to November.

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Aberdeen turned Christie into an internationalist and made him the player that he's become.

What benefit did we get out of it ?

I hope that Mcinnes drops this lunatic idea (if it's real).  I could see Morgan getting a hard time from Dons fans if he ends up at Pittodrie for the next 5 months.

Christie was already an excellent player before he went to you and was already starring for the third best team in the country and winning the Football Writers YPotY (or something like that). He was hardly some rough diamond that Aberdeen polished up.