The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Killiefan may well be Gordon Sawyers.

Fair play to the Dons, you don't get any awards for being nice in football.  I would actually be quite happy (in a weird way) just for the sheer ruthlessness of it all if Aberdeen had contacted Birmingham in December and said "by the way, if you send him back to us we will give you more cash than Killie would".  Thats how you get success.

11 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Is McInnes actually going to let him have a free role or is he going to shoe-horn him into a rigid position which he won't be suited to?

No idea, what will your mediocre manager do with your championship level signings?

( i feel like i'm kicking a cripple here, but he asked for it)

56 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Journalist (who I get info from) heard he rejected an improved offer from SJ.

2+2 etc etc.

oh  well tommy wright might be corect   money talks,   i   be well happy with this ..200 million for mckenna in summer and big joe and devlin for next season nae too bad .

Is McInnes actually going to let him have a free role or is he going to shoe-horn him into a rigid position which he won't be suited to?

Yes let Greg play as the number 10 in a free role - why anyone ever thought he was a winger is beyond me. He played about 140 games for Cowden, not one of them was as a winger

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

When Christie was here, Stewart was unfit. We've since switched to a 442 because the 4231 McInnes favours wasn't working with our current set of players. I see this as a clear indication McInnes wants to go back to the 4231 with Stewart playing in 'the hole'.

As far as the loan is concerned, I reckon we've agreed to pay all of Greg's wages until the end of the year in lieu of a transfer fee now. I would expect a pre-contract agreement to follow towards the end of the month.

It is true that Stewart previously suffered from being played out of position, but he also has to contribute more than he did last season. It will certainly be helpful that he isn't arriving overweight and unfit this time. He is clearly technically gifted and should be high on confidence after playing so well at Kilmarnock, so cautiously optimistic without getting carried away.