The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

13 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I hardly slated him, but I think he has made too many simple mistakes and cost us a few too many goals this season. If we have serious title ambitions, I think we would need to have better than Logan at right-back. Who would you say is our weakest regular player, if that's doing him a serious disservice? 

Not sure it's a title that really needs to be awarded to be honest, although I suppose you could propose it to the club for the year end awards.

Considine, Cosgrove, May, Mcginn, Ball and possibly others have all had spells this season of being pretty ineffective or a liability.  There is no clear 'weakest regular' IMO and Logan is a more than decent right back for this level.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not sure it's a title that really needs to be awarded to be honest, although I suppose you could propose it to the club for the year end awards.

Hopefully we can get Derek Young or Darren Mackie along to present it. 

Logan hasn't had his best season but he's still a good player, and as mentioned above a very likeable player. The discussion a couple of months ago about worst Aberdeen team reminded me of the McGhee era and how we had a team I supported but (by and large) didn't like. We've now got a team of players who can you support and love. Logan is representative of that.

Bang on this. Logan being a cheerleader has worked in his favour re the fans.
You have to credit the number of games he plays though - very rarely injured - however no competition for the RB spot has probably meant he’s stagnated. 

Yeah I can’t think of a player who’s been as consistently fit in the league for the last few seasons.

I don’t think the fact that he’s a “cheerleader” is necessarily irrelevant either. You want to have players who have personality and who are enjoyable to watch. It’s entertainment after all. His attitude is also part of how his playing style is so effective. He rarely looks overawed in big games, even if the heid goes from time to time.

33 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Loan deal 

Odd 

Able to cover more of his wages than we were apparently.

He has been a revelation with us this season,

Please don't let your Manager break him again.

Edited by killiekranky