The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Good, and surprising, news about Lowe.

Hoban, Devlin, McKenna and Lowe could be an excellent, well balanced back four if they all can be fit and available at the same time, so probably about one game. 

Has Hoban actually played a game for us yet?

Logan is our weakest regular player, I think. Considine, for example, is a better, more reliable defender but takes significantly more stick from the fans. I like the guy, and he has certainly done well for us since signing, but I'd be tempted to give Hoban a chance there, especially against better opposition. 

2 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Aye Logan’s demise has been somewhat overstated. He’d still get a game at right back for most teams in this league. Plus he’s a lad and hates the old firm so he gets in the team for me.

Lewis
Logan Devlin McKenna Lowe

That’s as good a defensive unit as I’ve seen at the Dons.

with Shinnie and Ferguson in front of that and backups of Cerny, Considine, Hoban, Reynolds, Ball and Gleeson that is looking an excellent defensive unit for second half of season.

Concerns further forward yet but hopefully not conceeding many goals.

Would like to see a forward (no10) and a winger brought in yet

51 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Logan is our weakest regular player, I think. Considine, for example, is a better, more reliable defender but takes significantly more stick from the fans. I like the guy, and he has certainly done well for us since signing, but I'd be tempted to give Hoban a chance there, especially against better opposition. 

Is Hoban not a left sided player though?

Edited by Jute

33 minutes ago, Jute said:

Is Hoban not a left sided player though?

He can apparently play both sides, but he is right footed. I certainly remember reading that he had played right-back for Watford, even if he was primarily used in the centre. He might even have fleetingly played right-back in the Hibs game before his injury, although I could be imagining that. 

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Bang on this. Logan being a cheerleader has worked in his favour re the fans.

You have to credit the number of games he plays though - very rarely injured - however no competition for the RB spot has probably meant he’s stagnated. 

16 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Bang on this. Logan being a cheerleader has worked in his favour re the fans.

You have to credit the number of games he plays though - very rarely injured - however no competition for the RB spot has probably meant he’s stagnated. 

Certainly don’t think he’s stagnated. Definitely prone to the odd important error, but he has played superbly well in a number of games this season.

logan has  dips but  some top performances  also  this season both  times against **** down there he was excellent ,one at ibrox he was immense 

still important   player for us , he   has had his dips  where he has been caught  well out position  but some  that can put that down to covering in front .

bit competition will do him him good but been an excellent signing and one the rare players that takes no shit fae the filth.

hardly a cheerleader just   player that wont lie down ..f**k me we went years with complete fuds nae giving a shit  and giving it back.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

There must be some sort of correlation between length of time a player/manager has been with a club  and the level of criticism they receive.

Logan has his flaws but doing him a serious disservice to call him our weakest regular player.

I hardly slated him, but I think he has made too many simple mistakes and cost us a few too many goals this season. If we have serious title ambitions, I think we would need to have better than Logan at right-back. Who would you say is our weakest regular player, if that's doing him a serious disservice? 

9 minutes ago, logie skid boys said:

Well i rather we have a  good old f**k the OLD FIRM  Logan ,   than  a poor mans  walter kidd in Lustig

Hes almost done now but I think I would rather have the world cup quater finalist  than a guy with quarter of a brain. 

Edited by gannonball