The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

36 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

Dear Fellow Reds.

A mate of mine (ManUre fan) has asked if Eric Black did really say 'I just thought that was how it was - you turned up, played a game, got shouted at a bit and won a trophy every year!'

I told him there was a video of him saying it, but for the life of me I can't remember where/which video it is.

Any help gratefully received.

Yours, living in the 80's!

aDONis

P.S.  I hate to say it, Stoke have a good squad of players, but have been bang average.  If they were to offer wheelbarrows of cash, I think McInnes could do a job and might be interested. :(

Yes he said it on the Gothenburg documentary that aired on Alba a few years back 

Almost word for word as you’ve posted 

2 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Surprised to see on Soccerbase he played in as many as 11 games for us.  The only memory of his time here that sticks out to me was the fact he got hooked at Ibrox before half time. 

My memory is that bloody penalty he gave away in same match.

Seen a couple of places linking us with 22 year old Portsmouth defender Jack Whatmough. Contract runs out in the summer and one of the local sites down there is linking him to us and the old firm.

Know absolutely nothing about him.

Tansey is signing for us lads.

Daft question given he only played about 9 times for you before getting absolutely gubbed, but was there anything there at all? I mean he was a properly good player for Inverness for a few years before that.

24 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Daft question given he only played about 9 times for you before getting absolutely gubbed, but was there anything there at all? I mean he was a properly good player for Inverness for a few years before that.

I really wouldn't get overly excited about this one DJ

Hope you have a decent physio 

Thank f**k  Tansey  is away..  that performance at ibrox he should have been shot...   think he pissed off mcinnes early doors regards his injury

with  not being honest..     also  he just could not handle the pressure playing for us...he  might  be half decent for saints but its good day the day.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

When he first joined us he didn't mention his injury problems - after that it has been one injury after another. 

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/tansey-will-get-chance-to-play-for-first-team-mcinnes/

So Lowe and Tansey out plus the Stockley bonus so surely money for a signing there.

Tansey will be a handy player for St Mirren. Excellent set pieces. A bit ropey in open play but in a defensive team it won't be highlighted as much as it was for us.

Good set piece delivery, but not much else. The performance at Ibrox was one of the worst I’ve seen. He hid the whole game, conceded a stupid penalty and got subbed either just before or at half time. I’d been impressed with him at Caley in a decent team but I think he struggles when challenged and the team’s up against it. Not a great sign for a relegation battle.

Buuut, he has shown in his career so far that he can be a decent bottom half Premiership player. I’d have said he’d have been a better fit for St Johnstone.

Good set piece delivery, but not much else. The performance at Ibrox was one of the worst I’ve seen. He hid the whole game, conceded a stupid penalty and got subbed either just before or at half time. I’d been impressed with him at Caley in a decent team but I think he struggles when challenged and the team’s up against it. Not a great sign for a relegation battle.

Buuut, he has shown in his career so far that he can be a decent bottom half Premiership player. I’d have said he’d have been a better fit for St Johnstone.
Yep, absolutely sold the jerseys in the penalty box twice, once at Ibrox and once in Cyprus with a weak as shite attempt at a clearing header that we lost a crucial goal from. Put in a decent free kick for a headed goal, and some good corners, and showed a few other flashes of being okay.

My proudest moment here wasn't when I ended the 19-year trophy drought, or finished second four seasons in a row. No. It was a young Liverpudlian guy, first job at a big club, hardly kicked a ball before, but he came to me and he went, "Mr. McInnes, will you be the godfather to my child?". Didn't happen in the end. We had to let him go; he was rubbish. He was rubbish. 

Tansey and Lowe left the club

Anderson and Frank Ross ruled out of the trip through injury.

GMS, McGinn, Logan, Hoban, Reynolds and Ferguson all return from injury/suspension.

No news on Devlin yet