The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I've been pleased with the way the club has dealt with a few things this season but judging by the comments made by Doncaster this decision was agreed with clubs. Hope I'm proved wrong and Aberdeen are kicking up a fuss over this. Being central belt based it doesn't make a huge difference to me but my Dad has already said he won't be bothering with such an early kick off time and it's frustrating that this keeps happening. When we sell 8,000 tickets due to the kick off time I wouldn't be surprised to see that used against us for allocation if we made it to the final. The token 'we appreciate this is difficult for some fans' comment makes the situation worse as it shows they are aware it's difficult for Aberdeen fans but that matters less than making sure the old firm don't have to travel to Edinburgh for a semi-final. The worst thing about it is other than moaning about it on forums or Facebook there's basically nothing we can do other than accept it.

Edit: Just noticed Aberdeen have put out a statement so at least that's something. https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/09/27/aberdeen-confirm-dismay-over-sunday-lunchtime-start/

Tbf they're apparently contractually bound to play Semis at Hampden unless the police state its unsafe. 

Not sure if a lunchtime kick off is better for Aberdeen fans than a 7pm kick off? 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf they're apparently contractually bound to play Semis at Hampden unless the police state its unsafe. 

Not sure if a lunchtime kick off is better for Aberdeen fans than a 7pm kick off? 

Are Hampden really likely to sue if they made a change due to exceptional circumstances? Especially with the SFA in the process of buying it.

Since when has that been the case? If it is then play it the following weekend, or alternatively come up with a better system in the first place for if two teams are in Europe at this stage. It was hardly a difficult to foresee circumstance. Surely if the SPFL insist on a reasonable kick off time then the police would state it unsafe anyway.

8 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I've been pleased with the way the club has dealt with a few things this season but judging by the comments made by Doncaster this decision was agreed with clubs. Hope I'm proved wrong and Aberdeen are kicking up a fuss over this. Being central belt based it doesn't make a huge difference to me but my Dad has already said he won't be bothering with such an early kick off time and it's frustrating that this keeps happening. When we sell 8,000 tickets due to the kick off time I wouldn't be surprised to see that used against us for allocation if we made it to the final. The token 'we appreciate this is difficult for some fans' comment makes the situation worse as it shows they are aware it's difficult for Aberdeen fans but that matters less than making sure the old firm don't have to travel to Edinburgh for a semi-final. The worst thing about it is other than moaning about it on forums or Facebook there's basically nothing we can do other than accept it.

Edit: Just noticed Aberdeen have put out a statement so at least that's something. https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/09/27/aberdeen-confirm-dismay-over-sunday-lunchtime-start/

Pretty sure that when  Doncaster says "agreed by the clubs" he meant rangers and celtic.

6 hours ago, Raidernation said:

If the reasoning for the semi final arrangements are true then surely rasellik and rahun should play every game in glasgow

Also in the quote, Doncaster says that there are only two free midweeks between now and the split in April, which will be used to play the matches postponed for the semi finals and the final. So if there are any Scottish Cup replays, or matches postponed because kf weather problems, I take it these will never be played? Why has no one queried him on this, as it’s obviously total garbage (unless Rangers and Celtic both make the Europa League Final, presumably)

Also in the quote, Doncaster says that there are only two free midweeks between now and the split in April, which will be used to play the matches postponed for the semi finals and the final. So if there are any Scottish Cup replays, or matches postponed because kf weather problems, I take it these will never be played? Why has no one queried him on this, as it’s obviously total garbage (unless Rangers and Celtic both make the Europa League Final, presumably)

Would that have to be played at hampden?

Perhaps a symbolic gesture is in order, along the lines of congregating outside the ground but no-one enters the ground until 12.15 (when the first train arrives).

I mean it's probably not feasible as organising Aberdeen fans is like the proverbial herding of cats...

Edited by Illgresi

Perhaps a symbolic gesture is in order, along the lines of congregating outside the ground but no-one enters the ground until 12.15 (when the first train arrives).
I mean it's probably not feasible as organising Aberdeen fans is like the proverbial herding of cats...

We could be 3-0 down by then anyway and we wouldn’t have to go in at all

Yet more f@ckwittery from the authorities.
I thought the compliance officer could only get involved for incidents the ref missed. Madden was staring right at McKenna winning the ball pre collision with Edouard.
How they can cite this and ignore McGreggors kick at Ajer is yet more embarrassing nonsense from those in charge.