The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

8 hours ago, G-MAN said:

It’s times like this when you remember the THREE goals we had disallowed at Hamilton. The goal we had disallowed at Tannadice.

Then the belter...

Can’t remember the Ref admitted that he couldn’t award a penalty when Stavrum went down against the Old Company as we would have went 2 up and dealt a blow to their title challenge.....

Edit:

It was McCurry. The same game as Ricksen violently kicking Derek Young. Which was also missed....

Luckily the scum won 2-1 of course...

That is the problem in a nutshell,it was also mccurry who caused Craig levein to lose it after the most biased refereeing in a game at ibrox when he was United boss.

the outcome was sadly predictable levein heavily fined for telling the truth and nothing said to the ref.

That is the problem in a nutshell,it was also mccurry who caused Craig levein to lose it after the most biased refereeing in a game at ibrox when he was United boss.
the outcome was sadly predictable levein heavily fined for telling the truth and nothing said to the ref.

I remember that game, stonewall penalty and red card not given to United, a perfectly legitimate goal given as offside because a Dundee United player was apparently interfering with the goalkeeper’s vision (he was outside the box) and I think a Rangers player head butted a united player at one point. I often think referees are incompetent rather than biased but McCurry was definitely biased.

55 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I remember that game, stonewall penalty and red card not given to United, a perfectly legitimate goal given as offside because a Dundee United player was apparently interfering with the goalkeeper’s vision (he was outside the box) and I think a Rangers player head butted a united player at one point. I often think referees are incompetent rather than biased but McCurry was definitely biased.

Did he not get outed as playing simply the best at one of cermons? Was filmed iirc.

On 05/09/2018 at 13:28, bpdon said:

The thrust of AFCs evidence to support the appeal and the panels reasons for theirs decision will be posted here later today: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/disciplinary-updates/

Except they haven’t. All that is against the “Outcome” is “Claim dismissed. Original sanction re-imposed.” No link to any findings whatsoever. Any idea if the findings could still be posted, or are they just keeping them in-house.

Except they haven’t. All that is against the “Outcome” is “Claim dismissed. Original sanction re-imposed.” No link to any findings whatsoever. Any idea if the findings could still be posted, or are they just keeping them in-house.

Would have expected the reason doc to have been published by now. It will be eventually - all the others have been added fairly swiftly.
I expect the meeting minutes are being careful drafted and then redrafted in a loop as they desperately scramble for damage limitation.

1 minute ago, bpdon said:

Would have expected the reason doc to have been published by now. It will be eventually - all the others have been added fairly swiftly.
I expect the meeting minutes are being careful drafted and then redrafted in a loop as they desperately scramble for damage limitation.

Like they give a f**k to be that diligent 

The seethe and bile from our fans is like water on a ducks back to them, they don’t care 

5 minutes ago, bpdon said:

The wording of how they came to dismiss the video footage displayed by AFC, should be.............interesting. 

Edited by williemillersmoustache

45 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

The wording of how they came to dismiss the video footage displayed by AFC, should be.............interesting. 

Just guessing, but I would imagine that it will be along the lines of “although Devlin was fouled, as the referee didn’t give it play continued and the next foul was committed by Devlin (despite what the video shows). Because Logan was travelling at 21.5 miles an hour coming in at an angle of 45 degrees, he would have missed Brophy by 0.0076 of a second, therefore it should have been a red card.”

25 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Just guessing, but I would imagine that it will be along the lines of “although Devlin was fouled, as the referee didn’t give it play continued and the next foul was committed by Devlin (despite what the video shows). Because Logan was travelling at 21.5 miles an hour coming in at an angle of 45 degrees, he would have missed Brophy by 0.0076 of a second, therefore it should have been a red card.”

We'll have to wait and see but i'm interested in how they are able to make a value judgement, and therefore determine a clear mistake, on the force of Morelos's kick but not see Brophy fouling Devlin first. Would have expected to see the reasons published by now too.

Yet again, the "assistant" referee (or should that be assistant to the referee" was about 10m away from it on that side of the pitch. 

Did he have any input other than "Aye, m8 , whitevver ra big man Craigy says, by ra way".

Imagine this level of incompetency in any other line of work, say mine for example.  Shocking.

The issue with this is the way that it's worded:

"Clear mistake" would simply mean that having looked at it again, if it wasn't a red card then it should be rescinded.

"Clear and obvious mistake" means the review panel can claim that from the perspective of the referee it may not be obvious, and regardless of merit the decision stands. Effectively they're not reviewing the incident, but reviewing the referee's ability to make the correct decision. It's entirely subjective (no-one can be inside someone else mind), and we all know what subjectivity leads to in Scotland; bias towards the #new firm.

It's just another in the long list of reasons why I, and many other are becoming utterly jaded with football in this country.

Edited by Illgresi

The issue with this is the way that it's worded:
"Clear mistake" would simply mean that having looked at it again, if it wasn't a red card then it should be rescinded.
"Clear and obvious mistake" means the review panel can claim that from the perspective of the referee it may not be obvious, and regardless of merit the decision stands. Effectively they're not reviewing the incident, but reviewing the referee's ability to make the correct decision. It's entirely subjective (no-one can be inside someone else mind), and we all know what subjectivity leads to in Scotland; bias towards the #new firm.
It's just another in the long list of reasons why I, and many other are becoming utterly jaded with football in this country.

Exactly this.

3 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Derek McInnes having a right go at the SFA Appeal Process on redtv.  Doesn't surprise me the club has raised this just after the international break. 

The reasons for chucking out our appeal are STILL not up on the SFA Disciplinary website. Utter cowardice.

12 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The reasons for chucking out our appeal are STILL not up on the SFA Disciplinary website. Utter cowardice.

The weegie press will hardly mention this just like the flagship radio progamme sportsound who didn't even mention it when the appeal was denied.  Could you imagine if this happened to a Rangers/Celtic player we would never hear the end of it for days.

Sadly clubs like us or Killie are not heard but we should request a meeting with all clubs along with SFA to change the shambolic appeal system. 

Edited by betting competition