The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

21 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Sorry, forgot the ?

Wouldn’t be surprised if they upped the offer with the Dembele money.

even though they held on to Boyata and signed an international centre back?

They know the price and are out of the reckoning

7 hours ago, betting competition said:

I presume we won't make another signing before tonights transfer window.  I think we are bit light on the wide midfield position. I do think we look solid defensively but I do worry about the creative side of things  - would like to see what Forrester get some game time to judge on him.    

Need a few of the kids to stand up like Scott Wright and Frank Ross, hopefully others from the reserves like Dean Campbell  and Bruce Anderson too. 

Think this is our ins and outs with the transfer window:

Players in
Lewis Ferguson 
Chris Forrester 
Stephen Gleeson
Tomas Cerny
Dominic Ball (Loan 1 year)
Tommie Hoban (Loan 1 year)
James Wilson (Loan 1 year)
Max Lowe (Loan 6 months)

Players out
Kenny McLean (Loan finished)
Ryan Christie (Loan finished)
Greg Stewart (Loan finished)
Chidi Nwakali (Loan finished)
Freddie Woodman (Loan finished)
Kari Arnason
Nicky Maynard
Anthony O'Connor
Adam Rooney
Daniel Harvie
Danny Rogers (Loan to St Mirren)

It’s where the goals are going to come from that has me concerned. I think we look defensively strong but players who left contributed 35 goals last season between them while the players we brought in scored 1. 

53 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

We look weak up front and are lacking any creativity in midfield. Stronger at the back.

Expect lots and lots of 0-0 or 1-1 draws this season. 

Forrester was the one brought in for creativity, it’s just that, apart from the West Brom game, he hasn’t shown or had a real chance to show what he can do. Hopefully he will come good for us.

We look weak up front and are lacking any creativity in midfield. Stronger at the back.
Expect lots and lots of 0-0 or 1-1 draws this season. 

Yup. We created next to no chances in any of our 3 league games so far this campaign. Despite us scrambling 3 goals and 5 points, it has been a concerning and ominous start.

I fear that we are lacking a link between midfield and attack, and our main striker, whether it be May, Wilson or anyone else, could spend a fair bit of time isolated and frustrated. Wright showed signs of filling that role against St Mirren, but he is now facing a lengthy period injured and isn't someone you can necessarily hang your hat on against the 'bigger' teams. Ferguson, as good as he has been, is not an out-and-out #10; he looks most comfortable to me as a McLean-style #8. It might well be that Shinnie is tasked with playing an advanced midfield role quite often this season. 

1 minute ago, glasgow-sheep said:

Ross and Anderson to start in place of mcginn and may next game please.

Ball and Considine and the back again? emoji85.png

Hopefully we will have McKenna back from injury, and Devlin available after his red is downgraded to a yellow.

Bruce Anderson signed new deal, fans happy with the news a young striker in form and full of confidence remains at club.

The season on season prolific striker Adam Rooney scores yet again.

Yet our management team think Stevie Fucking May and Sam “1 goal in my whole career” Cosgrove as Plan B, is the answer.

Can’t wait....

39 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Is it? What counts as a wee while?

Only a couple of weeks really. Since the St.Mirren game at least. It’s mostly been moaning about performances, poor transfer windows, dodgy red cards and injuries since then.