The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 minute ago, Rodhull said:

Let the bed wetting commence...

I'm on the verge myself to be honest. Squad overall looks not too bad but very light creatively.

Ah   Mckenna  back   in  and  our   attacking    left back in Lowe   our starting  11   is  better than   last season for me...if Wilson   is the real deal  .....just .think we need bit more cover  there .....but hey Ross  has looked like he can step up  ..and Anderson  already   showed  it   ...so our  local  lads getting there chance ..its what we all shouted about  in the past ......Lowe will be going straight in

1 minute ago, logie skid boys said:

Ah   Mckenna  back   in  and  our   attacking    left back in Lowe   our starting  11   is  better than   last season for me...if Wilson   is the real deal  .....just .think we need bit more cover  there .....but hey Ross  has looked like he can step up  ..and Anderson  already   showed  it   ...so our  local  lads getting there chance ..its what we all shouted about  in the past ......Lowe will be going straight in

If Wilson or even a combination of Wilson/May/Anderson can get a good 20-30 goals between them it would obviously make a huge difference but that's a big if. At times last season when games weren't going well it felt like it was a case of give the ball to McLean and hope he can do something so in his absence this season I'm not sure who that player would be.

2 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

If Wilson or even a combination of Wilson/May/Anderson can get a good 20-30 goals between them it would obviously make a huge difference but that's a big if. At times last season when games weren't going well it felt like it was a case of give the ball to McLean and hope he can do something so in his absence this season I'm not sure who that player would be.

Wilson got pace  we never had that option last season  ..Ferguson  got it  in him to pick him out     ...hopefully get see good bit Wilson on Saturday  ...Ferguson  for me could have say in lot more games this season  than mclean  did   who played last three months  season not the first 5

4 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Press Conference: DM says that’s activity complete and nothing in the Gauld story.

He has bluffed before 

Quite possible that we have moved to front of queue for Christie and had only been progressing Gauld as a backup? 

who knows but I think DM will fill the 22 shirt this week

30 minutes ago, d31 said:

Quite possible that we have moved to front of queue for Christie and had only been progressing Gauld as a backup? 

who knows but I think DM will fill the 22 shirt this week

Not sure if you’re having a laugh here, but Lowe has been given the 22 shirt.

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Thought it said in the article he was given 29?

Them pointing that out made me think they still believed they had a chance of getting him.

25 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Not sure if you're having a laugh here, but Lowe was given the 22 shirt and training kit including jacket etc. and then 5 minutes before the press shoot got changed to 29. 

Kit man looks a bit silly as he is not wearing matching kit in some of the photos

18 minutes ago, Captain_Imra7 said:

Club site says he’s been given number 29?

Sorry, you’re right. He was wearing 22 on the front of the club top in his Red TV interview press conference so I assumed that was his squad number. Apologies.

It'll be interesting to see what it means for Considine. When fit, McKenna and probably Hoban would be ahead of him in the pecking order for left-sided centre-back. He has generally done well at left-back for us over the past few seasons, especially as it isn't his 'natural' position. Being pragmatic, though, it is beneficial to have a quicker and more dynamic option there to give better balance to the team; Lowe is presumably here to try and provide that. 

He is a good, experienced back-up defender to have available, mind.