The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Saw Scott Wright had to pull out of the under 21s squad. Hopefully it's not too serious an injury as we're not exactly overflowing with attacking mids.

Frustrating this has happened coming off his pest performance in a wee while. Thought the Hibs game was crying out for someone like Wright to run at their defenders.

3 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Frustrating this has happened coming off his pest performance in a wee while. Thought the Hibs game was crying out for someone like Wright to run at their defenders.

Aye, seeing the Irish boy for them taking on our defenders made our lack of such a player in the middle of the pitch all the more glaring.

May didn't play too badly against Hibs, but he missed having someone like Wright prepared to run beyond and support him. Wright's performance against St Mirren was as good as I've seen him play - it was almost reminiscent of Pawlett when he was a good player. Unfortunate timing with the injury; hope it's not too serious. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Don’t think it’s fair to pass any judgement on Wilson from Saturday to be honest. He barely got a kick. Let’s hope he starts against Killie and we get a chance to really see what he’s about.

I wasn't passing judgement on Wilson, I was pointing out that our lack of an attacking midfielder meant that Wilson was forced into playing as a kind of link man, dealing with aimless punts forward. 

That's not why we signed him (hopefully). 

I wasn't passing judgement on Wilson, I was pointing out that our lack of an attacking midfielder meant that Wilson was forced into playing as a kind of link man, dealing with aimless punts forward. 
That's not why we signed him (hopefully). 

Ah I see apologies. Misinterpreted.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Did Gauld play in the same Dab team as GMS ?

You never know, he might look at the way GMS has rediscovered his mojo and think that he fancies a bit of that. 

17 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Can’t see either tbh.

Where do you think they'll end up?

Gauld is not registered for Sporting so he needs to go somewhere tomorrow or Friday.

Christie is out of contract in May so almost last chance for them to get a fee for him. Retaining him for the last year of his deal would cost them upwards of £200k. They'd need to use him occasionally to justify that.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, d31 said:

anyway who knows if it'll come off but confirmed in Portugese media that Dons have submitted an offer to loan Gauld for the season

Who do we loan him from if he isn't registered with a club ?

Where do you think they'll end up?
Gauld is not registered for Sporting so he needs to go somewhere tomorrow or Friday.
Christie is out of contract in May so almost last chance for them to get a fee for him. Retaining him for the last year of his deal would cost them upwards of £200k. They'd need to use him occasionally to justify that.

No idea where they’ll go bud.

The Gauld to us rumour has popped up a good few times, but nobody’s seen him play for years (I haven’t anyway).

Christie got poorer as last season went on. Maybe sorting his future out would settle him, and he could show the form from before, who knows.

13 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Who do we loan him from if he isn't registered with a club ?

Presumably he is still their (Sporting Lisbon’s) player (his contract runs until 2020 I think) but they haven’t registered him in their squad for the Primera Liga. So we would still loan him from Sporting, they just have no intent on him playing for them this season.

I haven’t fact checked whether he is registered in their league squad or not, just taking what d31 has said at face value here. I think Gauld could be a reasonable punt for us as he clearly had talent when he was at United but god knows how good he would actually be.

Edited by Captain_Imra7

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

No idea where they’ll go bud.

The Gauld to us rumour has popped up a good few times, but nobody’s seen him play for years (I haven’t anyway).

Christie got poorer as last season went on. Maybe sorting his future out would settle him, and he could show the form from before, who knows.

Just checked, and Gauld is still a Sporting player with a contract until 2020. I forgot that he was a Laurencekirk loon. 

As for Christie, I think that he was guilty last season of trying too hard....often trying to carry the whole team on his shoulders. There's definitely a player in there, and he's the kind of drive into the box midfielder that we desperately need at this moment. 

I have a feeling though that Rasellik are in a massive huff with other Scottish clubs, and wouldn't sell him to us regardless. 

Rodgers seemingly said today that the Celtic squad was too big and they need to trim so I'd imagine that will give teams like Aberdeen and Hibs the hope of getting the likes of Christie or Allan. No guarantee of interest from down south for them.