The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I grew up in the west coast (nearest club Dumbarton by road, Morton as the crow flies), my old man is from Aberdeen. Given that he and my old dear were separated as long as I can remember, he did an excellent job in raising me as a Dons fan. It would have been so easy for me to slip into supporting one of the filth, but none-the-less, here I am a long term Pittodrie season ticket holder.

I grew up with Aberdeen being mostly awful. I have some recollections of Gillhaus being exceptional, and Jess being my childhood idol. Mostly I remember Ben Thornley failing to beat the first man, Nicky Walker being horrific vs Brondby (and the fans singing about bacon), and doing the conga at Almondvale while we were getting pumped. I distinctly remember the day that my dad took me to Fir Park (Thistle are his little team from his days working in Glasgow), when the blue bigots beat us at Ibrox to win the league in 1991.

I was in Athens, Madrid, and Munich. I was directly behind Severin when he pinged in that belter the first time we beat the filth in a hundred ought years.

All those shit times, with the odd inflection of joy, have been worth it though. We're a club that is sustainable, on an upward trajectory, and most importantly Standing Free.

I love my club, and I love every one of you that wears our proud two stars.

I grew up in the west coast (nearest club Dumbarton by road, Morton as the crow flies), my old man is from Aberdeen. Given that he and my old dear were separated as long as I can remember, he did an excellent job in raising me as a Dons fan. It would have been so easy for me to slip into supporting one of the filth, but none-the-less, here I am a long term Pittodrie season ticket holder.
I grew up with Aberdeen being mostly awful. I have some recollections of Gillhaus being exceptional, and Jess being my childhood idol. Mostly I remember Ben Thornley failing to beat the first man, Nicky Walker being horrific vs Brondby (and the fans singing about bacon), and doing the conga at Almondvale while we were getting pumped. I distinctly remember the day that my dad took me to Fir Park (Thistle are his little team from his days working in Glasgow), when the blue bigots beat us at Ibrox to win the league in 1991.
I was in Athens, Madrid, and Munich. I was directly behind Severin when he pinged in that belter the first time we beat the filth in a hundred ought years.
All those shit times, with the odd inflection of joy, have been worth it though. We're a club that is sustainable, on an upward trajectory, and most importantly Standing Free.
I love my club, and I love every one of you that wears our proud two stars.

And I fucking love you too man[emoji122][emoji122]

6 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Idle speculation or inside info?

We have few surplus to requirements (Tansey and erm...) or maybe a youngster out on loan? 

No inside info.

I'd expect Tansey to go out on loan to a championship team if he cant find a top flight team by the end of the week. 

Another winger/wide forward IN the way

13 minutes ago, d31 said:

No inside info.

I'd expect Tansey to go out on loan to a championship team if he cant find a top flight team by the end of the week. 

Another winger/wide forward IN the way

Can't see any championship team take a chance of Tansey especially with all the groin injuries he has had in the last 8 months - the only way they will be willing to take him if we pay his wages in full. 

7 minutes ago, logie skid boys said:

Stewart  i would have taken back  good come to   aff the bench    but he was never going be first pick.....just never looked like he was match fit   ...got the ability 

Aye the Dundee performances showed he had something but he just never seemed to show it for us on a consistent basis. Don't know if it was the fitness or we just couldn't find a role for him that suited.

As said above, guaranteed scorer for the weekend if he plays.

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

Aye the Dundee performances showed he had something but he just never seemed to show it for us on a consistent basis. Don't know if it was the fitness or we just couldn't find a role for him that suited.

As said above, guaranteed scorer for the weekend if he plays.

aye maybe bit both  ..    but i am happy that the likes ross and wright   are getting there chance   and they work  lot  harder that stewart   ..     thats bit of his game he was not interested in.. probably why he is carrying bit .. 

On 23/08/2018 at 11:07, Dindeleux said:

Yes that would be great.  #TB4 is effectively all one club anyway so give me the exact figure including any clauses they are looking for and I can tell SSC to budget for a 1/4 of this amount.

Thanks Pep.  Always a pleasure.

Wtf is this pish.  You got proven to not have a clue what you're talking about champ, and I was proven 100% correct.  Getting all arsey won't deflect from that.  Shut it next time you might learn something.

43 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Wtf is this pish.  You got proven to not have a clue what you're talking about champ, and I was proven 100% correct.  Getting all arsey won't deflect from that.  Shut it next time you might learn something.

Get off this thread and go back you where you belong, the Championship.......champ.