The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Guest Bob Mahelp

Good centre halves are like hen's teeth. A good, young centre half is something rarely seen.

McKenna is only 21, a man mountain of a player who dominates in the air, is quick, aggressive and strong, and is good on the ball. He's already captained his country and looks destined to have a long international career.

He's got loads to learn, and that shows in the occasional errors he makes.....but what centre half doesn't make mistakes ?

In 8 years time or so, he'll be at the peak of his game and a fantastic player with well over 50 caps to his name.

Celtic know that, which is why they're desperate to get him on the cheap. Give me a reason again why Aberdeen should let our prize asset go at a rock bottom price ?

Edited by Bob Mahelp

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Give me a reason again why Aberdeen should let our prize asset go at a rock bottom price ?

I dont think fans of other clubs are looking for reasons why he should go......apart from Celtic, but again this is just a ruse like the McGinn saga to appease their fans.

I mentioned earlier, if he was that good an English club would have done a proper bid in the summer - another season I would think, and if he eventually goes it might help to finance the soulless stadium on the edge of nowhere you are building.

8 minutes ago, Baldie1980 said:

where has the Chinese rumour come from

:lol: Can't tell if you are serious.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Why?

He's not that good. Still got huge flaws to his game that will be exposed more in a Rodgers team than a McInnes team. He struggles a lot when facing better opposition such as Burnley.

If they are selling Boyata to bring in McKenna then that's a huge downgrade in the short to medium term.

The fact that the (supposedly) went in with a £3.5m bid for McKenna but didn't manage to meet the asking price for a far superior player in McGinn is also curiously funny as well.

He's not that good. Still got huge flaws to his game that will be exposed more in a Rodgers team than a McInnes team. He struggles a lot when facing better opposition such as Burnley.
If they are selling Boyata to bring in McKenna then that's a huge downgrade in the short to medium term.
The fact that the (supposedly) went in with a £3.5m bid for McKenna but didn't manage to meet the asking price for a far superior player in McGinn is also curiously funny as well.

He was outstanding against Burnley at home apart from one lapse in concentration which unfortunately cost a goal. Something you’d expect from a young centre half.

Please stop pretending you’ve watched a lot of him, I guarantee you haven’t.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

He was outstanding against Burnley at home apart from one lapse in concentration which unfortunately cost a goal. Something you’d expect from a young centre half.

Please stop pretending you’ve watched a lot of him, I guarantee you haven’t.

Your average *** wouldn't even admit to being able to name a single Aberdeen player

Lads, I know you don't want to lose McKenna and I do not want to sound patronizing at all..

For talking sake McKenna came to Celtic..how would he do? Rodgers likes to play high line, is McKenna quick enough for that?

I am sure Aberdeen will keep hold of McKenna , and if you get McCauley..would bring him on even more and make you a far better team, I haven't seen a lot of him so was just wondering what his attributes are.

18 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Fair enough but he was also poor for the goal at Turf Moor as well. Really bad actually. There have been a lot of the bigger games where he's been such as Motherwell at Hampden or against us at Ibrox.

I love the way that Celtic and Rangers fans don't rate McKenna - keep that up as I don't want to see him to any other Scottish club! 

The kid has everything in the game to play at the highest level: pace, physical and can defend - he is only 21 and should improve unless injury problems. If he continues to play at the highest standard of last season then I would expect him to be sold in a year time for a fair amount of money to an English Premier league team. 

Edited by betting competition

23 minutes ago, betting competition said:

The kid has everything in the game to play at the highest level: pace, physical and can defend - he is only 21 and should improve unless injury problems. If he continues to play at the highest standard of last season then I would expect him to be sold in a year time for a fair amount of money to an English Premier league team. 

He doesn't have much pace at all. In fact he turns quite slowly.

No chance will a Premier League team sign him next summer. I'd bet you that won't happen. Even McGinn didn't get a move to a Premier League side and he is obviously the more accomplished player.

45 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

Fair enough but he was also poor for the goal at Turf Moor as well. Really bad actually. There have been a lot of the bigger games where he's been such as Motherwell at Hampden or against us at Ibrox.

If you're asking me to deny he has a mistake in him you'll be disappointed.  Of course he has.  

But he clearly can compete at a very high level and will only get better.  He is also much better with the ball at his feet than he's given credit for.  He's contracted to 2023.  Mckenna will command a big fee, no question.

1 minute ago, Forest of Dean said:

He doesn't have much pace at all. In fact he turns quite slowly.

No chance will a Premier League team sign him next summer. I'd bet you that won't happen. Even McGinn didn't get a move to a Premier League side and he is obviously the more accomplished player.

Derek McInnes seems to think he will bypass the championship as well :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45037951

You’d think Celtic and Rangers had squads full of players incapable of making a mistake. :lol:

Also i remember Kari Arnason said he was the quickest player at the club, so don’t why he would say that for someone with no pace at all.

Edited by Rodhull

The doom & gloom of the ugly sisters, when things don't go the way they want. It really must hurt when other Scottish clubs tell them to GTF(apart from those suckers Hearts). Instead of talking up our game & our home-grown talent, they resort to, he is shite anyway, followed by a detailed rant, about how bad the player is as if they are qualified to do so.