The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Think 30k  a week for youth/development squad players would be about right in the  EPL.

Edit - simple maths tell us that James Wilson is a millionaire.  Absolutely wild.

i reckon we've fielded starting 11s on less than that this year. 

I'd be surprised if your lot had fielded whole teams on much more than that, ever.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, logie skid boys said:

great news thought he missed Hibs away...  boost

Double boost, because it means we can move Ball back into his defensive midfield role where he's been excellent. 

If Hoban recovers then Shinnie will also go into midfield, and we look much stronger and more balanced.

44 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Double boost, because it means we can move Ball back into his defensive midfield role where he's been excellent. 

If Hoban recovers then Shinnie will also go into midfield, and we look much stronger and more balanced.

oh aye indeed it is ..  hopefully Hoban back as well... agree ball in that role does the job

Unpopular opinion but I'd take another striker if possible and loan out Anderson.

Christie on a permanent transfer long contract.

Winger - cheapo if needs be but another body required

Unless we are flush with cash i'd not bother with the defence as think we are well placed once everyone returns to fitness even accounting for Reynolds being out for 6-12 months

James Wilson... pleased with the signing and although DM made the right noises today about getting him firing and back to Man Utd I'm sure he'll be hoping he is released by Man U for us to sign on a free transfer with minimal competition.

Gauld and Christie would be very nice indeed.

Apparently we were pushing for Gauld on a permanent transfer but Sporting keen on loan. As ever with these rumours even if it is true you dont know if its become out of date with for instance Christie becoming available

1 hour ago, d31 said:

James Wilson... pleased with the signing and although DM made the right noises today about getting him firing and back to Man Utd I'm sure he'll be hoping he is released by Man U for us to sign on a free transfer with minimal competition.

Not sure if you’re on the wind up here. The guy is on circa £30,000 a week. We may struggle slightly to meet his wage demands.

34 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Not sure if you’re on the wind up here. The guy is on circa £30,000 a week. We may struggle slightly to meet his wage demands.

He is a long long long long way from proving he is better than Salford for next season. £30k/week is pie in the sky for his next contract short of him scoring over 30 goals this season.

He has scored 9 goals to date....

8 hours ago, d31 said:

He is a long long long long way from proving he is better than Salford for next season. £30k/week is pie in the sky for his next contract short of him scoring over 30 goals this season.

Yeah, newsflash, AFC can’t compete with Salford either, but if he’s cut loose by Manure he’ll get a 1 or 2 year gig at an English Championship club, £7K - £10K at least. That being the case AFC are out of the running.

9 hours ago, d31 said:

Agree totally. However, he is not going to go from £30,000 a week to £2000 a week in anyone’s wildest dreams. He will never be signing for us on a permanent deal.