The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

IMG_0540.thumb.jpg.41415d84be49b7d0e1b2463f56a12885.jpg
Welcome aboard loon!

Now score some fucking goals.

Decent signing on paper but that’s coming from a position of very little knowledge. Glad to see we’ve brought someone in though.

Defensive cover and a wee bit more creativity maybe and we should be good to go.

29 minutes ago, coprolite said:

reportedly on £30k a week.

Does that mean he should be really good or do EPL clubs pay all their reserves like that?

or should i just not believe reported wages?

On a 4 year deal...he should have cleared over £3M in 4 years...absolute fucking nonsense

This guy  Wilson obviously got something about him  and its gamble worth taking.    That is  us  finished with strikers coming in as    Anderson is ready to make the step up ,  seen him loads time and he has always impressed   and his two first team appearances this season shown he  has it   excited about him  getting few goals...........Now i can see our cash going on Christie or a player similar and i will be happy with our dealings ...    Hoban and Logan could be back this week .well Logan def is   and Mckenna next month.... when everyone is fit and we get the Christie type signing then for me squad is better than last year. and that is what i hoped for.   lot competition for places ..its all good 

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

Does that mean he should be really good or do EPL clubs pay all their reserves like that?

Think 30k  a week for youth/development squad players would be about right in the  EPL.

Edit - simple maths tell us that James Wilson is a millionaire.  Absolutely wild.

Edited by TheScarf

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10817901/Manchester-United-to-reward-James-Wilson-with-new-contract.html

Old article but it does seem to suggest that's what his wages were getting bumped up to.

2 hours ago, logie skid boys said:

This guy  Wilson obviously got something about him  and its gamble worth taking.    That is  us  finished with strikers coming in as    Anderson is ready to make the step up ,  seen him loads time and he has always impressed   and his two first team appearances this season shown he  has it   excited about him  getting few goals...........Now i can see our cash going on Christie or a player similar and i will be happy with our dealings ...    Hoban and Logan could be back this week .well Logan def is   and Mckenna next month.... when everyone is fit and we get the Christie type signing then for me squad is better than last year. and that is what i hoped for.   lot competition for places ..its all good 

Logan has a three match ban, but not sure if the League Cup counts as one of the three, or whether his third match will be Hibs.

Guest Bob Mahelp
28 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Logan has a three match ban, but not sure if the League Cup counts as one of the three, or whether his third match will be Hibs.

McInnes was on Red TV saying that Shay will be back for the Hibs game, so good news.