The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Quite confident everything will come together. From his presser McInnes seemed to suggest we’d have had a lot more done but for some last minute hitched with various deals.

Saw Ched Evans’ name mentioned earlier. That would be hilarious.

Hilarious is not the adjective I'd use

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

Doesn't the English window end on August 9th or something like that this year? Would imagine most if not all our business would be done by then.

Theory goes English clubs will be loathe to release players until their window shuts, as its all a bit frightful for them. So quality loanees will be available after the 9th.

21 minutes ago, d31 said:

pretty sure Evans signed for someone the other day

Was linked with Fleetwood Town. 

See the twitter rumour is James Perch. Maybe that’s the loan signing.

Marquis looks like the no1 cash target.

If true, Perch would be a terrific signing.

3 hours ago, Scotty Ramone said:

He's already Cup tied, so no use v Burnley.

He’s also a known quantity who has experience with most of the players he would be playing with and has proven he can produce at this level (aside from the last half of last season where he went off the boil).

This, for me, offsets the inability to play in 2 games (out of the 40 or so we will hopefully play next season) which we would still be highly unlikely win regardless of his presence. Therefore, imo, yes he would be ideal (when considering players within our financial reach anyway).

3 hours ago, Captain_Imra7 said:

He’s also a known quantity who has experience with most of the players he would be playing with and has proven he can produce at this level (aside from the last half of last season where he went off the boil).

This, for me, offsets the inability to play in 2 games (out of the 40 or so we will hopefully play next season) which we would still be highly unlikely win regardless of his presence. Therefore, imo, yes he would be ideal (when considering players within our financial reach anyway).

I'd take him in a heartbeat, just not 'ideal' that he would be Cup tied for our first two competitive (and arguably/potentially our most lucrative) games of the season.