The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

42 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Adam emoji22.png

Right decision in the long term but I’ll miss that ginger beauty. I’ll never forget nearly ending myself falling down the stairs at tynecastle when he put us 3-0 up against saints.

Not sure if he would be able to score that type of goal again - so much slower now.  I think it is the right decision as well as he isn't a first team regular now and for me it isn't a bad move for him with a 3-year deal,  pay-rise  and playing every week. 

Expect a new signing in the next day or two but if not then I'll panic like other dandies ;)

Edited by betting competition

Rooney probably got better in the minds of the fans when he wasn't playing last season, especially as May underwhelmed, but I think it is the right move for him at the right time. It is a poor level at which he can play regularly and hopefully score plenty of goals, and he also increases his income at the same time. 

I'd imagine we will have a new striker arriving in the next couple of days. Ideally it would be before the West Brom game so we can get them some time on the pitch pre-Burnley. 

Edited by DrewDon

Judging by the comments on FB this move is the end of the world....Personally I think it is a move that suits both parties, he gets a chance of more regular football and a secure contract,  he was no longer a regular and time was catching up with him, better for him to go with good memories and will as opposed to staying around 1 or 2 years too many....

lets leave the press and keyboard warriors to their OTT reactions over the apparent embarrassment of an SPL Player going to a non league club, lets put things in perspective, 90% of the teams in the national league premier are Full Time, Salford and Harrogate who got Promoted as well were both FT in National League North such is the money and resources available down south at the moment. I get so tired of the England/Scotland league argument, England is a country of nearly 50m people us 5, if we put the same effort into loving our league as much as we argue about their one or the old firm things might actually get even better.

FWIW as a club I think AFC have done the right thing but personally I am not so sure I trust Mcinnes as much if that makes sense? His results speak for themselves but this season is not going to be so easy, his transfer record is not the best and he is not renowned for putting faith in younger players from within the club so I truly hope he gets it right in terms of a replacement and he doesn't just loan in some total random who will never play.

6 minutes ago, troopio said:

Judging by the comments on FB this move is the end of the world....Personally I think it is a move that suits both parties, he gets a chance of more regular football and a secure contract,  he was no longer a regular and time was catching up with him, better for him to go with good memories and will as opposed to staying around 1 or 2 years too many....

lets leave the press and keyboard warriors to their OTT reactions over the apparent embarrassment of an SPL Player going to a non league club, lets put things in perspective, 90% of the teams in the national league premier are Full Time, Salford and Harrogate who got Promoted as well were both FT in National League North such is the money and resources available down south at the moment. I get so tired of the England/Scotland league argument, England is a country of nearly 50m people us 5, if we put the same effort into loving our league as much as we argue about their one or the old firm things might actually get even better.

FWIW as a club I think AFC have done the right thing but personally I am not so sure I trust Mcinnes as much if that makes sense? His results speak for themselves but this season is not going to be so easy, his transfer record is not the best and he is not renowned for putting faith in younger players from within the club so I truly hope he gets it right in terms of a replacement and he doesn't just loan in some total random who will never play.

Nothing more embarrassing that not knowing the name of the league.

The rage from fans on social media regrading this is cringe, I wonder if it is the same people, that scream abuse at the game towards Rooney being a Carthorse? 

If the reported fee of 300k is remotely true, then it is a good deal for us. Can't blame Rooney for wanting to move on at this point in his career.  Good luck to him...

Edited by TrebleTwenty

1 hour ago, troopio said:

I think that's right but I'm still quite teary :(

The rage from fans on social media regrading this is cringe, I wonder if it is the same people, that scream abuse at the game towards Rooney being a Carthorse? 
If the reported fee of 300k is remotely true, then it is a good deal for us. Can't blame Rooney for wanting to move on at this point in his career.  Good luck to him...

Most of the moaning seems to be coming from the McInnes out lot, who are also the ones quickest to criticise Rooney last season.

Still think it is madness to let the only natural finisher at the club go without an adequate replacement already being signed. 

Good luck to Rooney. He will score a lot of goals at that level.

15 minutes ago, Jute said:

Still think it is madness to let the only natural finisher at the club go without an adequate replacement already being signed. 

Good luck to Rooney. He will score a lot of goals at that level.

You say 'that level' yet there is a movement every close season to and from our top flight to it. Will be interesting to see how their entrants - Sutton Utd and Boreham Wood - fare in the IRN BRU Cup. I'm not saying it's the equivalent of our top flight but it won't be a huge distance off it at the lower end.

Edited by cmontheloknow

Always liked Rooney, even though he played for Celtic's closest rivals, good luck to him.  Aberdeen will be desperate for a striker I would think, they have now lost 3 of their top 4 goalscorers from last year who represented over 40% of their goals

1 hour ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

Rumours that Reynolds is out for 6 Months. 

Already thin squad gets even thinner. We're going to be toast this season unless we make a few pretty significant signings.

I did hear that but I found it hard to believe he's done a medial or cruciate ligament given he played on for 5-10 minutes after the injury. I'd wait and see on that one.