The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

48 minutes ago, Jute said:

Then we should be looking at another option if it’s a loan. Needed to be able to put our strongest team on the field at all times. 

Completely agree but if Christie is an option for 35/38 games that is still better than him not signing at all. Games v Cetic tend not to define our season - points dropped elsewhere will though. Cup ties apart of course.

Edited by cmontheloknow

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

We’re in for Christie again according to Alan Nixon

Usually a good source 

Braw.

A 15 man midfield, and one striker who doesn't strike.

Strange that I'm probably feeling more positive about Dominic Ball's return than the possibility of having Ryan Christie for another season. 

Personally I’m not fussed with Christie, and I’d rather we looked elsewhere.

Ball played in a specific position, yes, as a utility player, no.

Rooney away to Salford now.

Only things to be done is Salford record a funky introduction and the Dons to work out how on earth they are going to announce weve given away our best goalscorer in recent memory

Good luck to him. The hard truth is that he is not good enough to be a regular starter for us next season, but he served us well and I wish him all the best. I might be in the minority, but I think now is about the right time for a parting of ways. 

It must surely mean that McInnes has a replacement striker all but tied up, though. 

15 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Good luck to him. The hard truth is that he is not good enough to be a regular starter for us next season, but he served us well and I wish him all the best. I might be in the minority, but I think now is about the right time for a parting of ways. 

It must surely mean that McInnes has a replacement striker all but tied up, though. 

I think you are probably right.

If he's got the chance of a pay rise and we've the chance of something like £200k upfront and £100k if they get promoted while he is there it's not the worst deal.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Hard to deny that the signing of Rooney in January 2014 was a stroke of genius from McInnes.....a superb scoring record, and the best natural goalscorer the club has seen since Duncan Shearer.

However, there's also no doubt that his Dons career effectively ended the day we sold Johnny Hayes to Celtic. 

We desperately need a 15-20 goal a season man who is mobile. Moult would be ideal, but someone of that ilk is essential.

Preferably before the Burnley game. 

On 17/07/2018 at 16:31, Aufc said:

Ok I can accept that. Doesnt mean he is worth ten million! McInnes is clearly at it.

He isn’t worth £10m, but that isn’t the point. Aberdeen are (allegedly) saying that if anyone wants to buy him, then that’s what they will have to pay Aberdeen for him. What exactly do you mean by “at it”? Do you mean that Aberdeen are trying to get as much as possible for their best prospect? Then, yes, they’re at it.

I'm happy with Ball signing, although I have a bad feeling that he will be temporarily played at right-back to cover Logan's upcoming suspension. 

Certainly looks that way. No excuse whatsoever for not having adequate cover at RB. Ball should be nowhere near there.

Only alternative is the dreaded 3 at the back.