The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Absolutely......McLeish raves about him, and despite whatever failings that man might have, he should be able to recognise a good CB when he sees one.

Ok I can accept that. Doesnt mean he is worth ten million! McInnes is clearly at it.

Ok I can accept that. Doesnt mean he is worth ten million! McInnes is clearly at it.

1) it won’t be mcinnes deciding on what is a worthwhile fee

2) normal negotiations start with the seller going well above the actual selling price, if we were to ask for 1m we’d probably get 200k.

3) Scottish football should be delighted that clubs are now demanding significant fees for players and not just losing them for barely 6 figures.

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

Jamal Lascelles is apparently worth £25m, so....

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

3) Scottish football should be delighted that clubs are now demanding significant fees for players and not just losing them for barely 6 figures.

Whilst I did skew at the 10 million figure it is good to see Aberdeen and Motherwell play hardball this week with their players. 

It took a decade for some clubs to recover financially from the setanta deal then just when we to getting back in to the black another TV deal (due to death of rangers) was scrapped again whilst TV deals across the continent seemed to be going up significantly, in some places nearly exponentially.

Most clubs now have their house back in order again so there is no need to shit the bed when a 6 figure sum comes in for a player in Scotland.

The only thing I am sceptical over is a significantly better TV deal which has been talked about past few weeks, mainly due to the incompetency of those in charge.  

Forget all our concerns on the squad just now.

The confidence of Sevco supporters I know here in Soap Dodge City is unreal.

First question from a work colleague was “so you think you’re good enough to finish 3rd this year”

Not to wind me up. A genuine comment that they have written everyone else off.

Hear it on the bus and train most days too. They really do think they will either win the league or are guaranteed second.

I watched the first leg but missed tonight. I know they have two more signings that were not playing but not convinced yet they are much better and I would expect them to lose to the Croatian mob in the next round. They badly badly need a striker or two.

If only Stephen Dobbie didn’t commute to and from Blackpool to Dumfries..........

Surely Salford should be after him !!

5 goals in 2 games already. The guy is a legend.

43 minutes ago, Reidzer 1314 said:

I hope we are not just  releasing him and will get some form of fee for him. 

38 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

He’s got 2 years left on his contract so we will get a fee for him

Surely to f**k the club have a credible replacement lined up

No fee mentioned in the article. Doesn't mean there won't be one but it does sound more like he's being allowed to cancel his contract and depart.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/1523434/dons-striker-adam-rooney-on-his-way-out-as-reds-close-is-on-ball/

46 minutes ago, d31 said:

You would certainly like to think they have a replacement agreed at the time of the Rooney announcement.

However I thought we'd see a new keeper when Rogers left...

You would hope this would be the case.

I have no real issues with Rooney moving on, he has been a great player for us but in recent years certain aspect of his game seem to have dwindled a bit and it became clear he was dropping further down the pecking order with McInnes. 

I wish him all the best at Salford, at that level I am sure he will do just fine. 

43 minutes ago, d31 said:

Christie would be fine. Preferably permanent but if it has to be a loan then so be it.

If it’s a loan then he has to be free to play against Celtic or there’s no point to it.