The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

19 minutes ago, Jute said:

Just as silly to ignore the previous 9 months.

i  judge a player on a run of games ..he hardly played the previous 9 months .    was unused  sub for majority games  or the  odd  15 mins   think maybe 3 starts  up till his shambles at right back in the semi.   ..when he got run games in his position   he shown what he can do   .. so i be well happy if he comes back...

27 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Ach Ball was fine in the middle of the park. If he's on peanuts and he's NEVER allowed to play left back again, then MAYBE he's allowed to come back.

Right Back not left.

Ok in holding midfield position post split but that's it I'm afraid

1 hour ago, anotherchance said:

He’s still young for a keeper, and we’re wanting him to get a Premiership game time elsewhere, which he won’t get with us given the standard of Lewis.

No idea why so many folk seem astonished or puzzled by this.

I just think I’d rather have him as an actual back up instead of on loan at another club 

Bringing in Woodman says to me McInnes doesn’t rate him 

So the press (sic) reporting this morning that we have set a £10m price on McKenna.

Personally don't think he is worth anything close to that but and here is the BIG but, he is under contract until the summer of 2023. Big season coming up for him after the highs of last season. Here's hoping he can continue to develop and mature in a red shirt.

Personally don't trust Wiggy to cave in once the £ signs are flashed in front of him though.

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I'd be happy with Ball signing again. Hopefully gets more game-time in his correct position this time around. Decent player. 

Even the H**s I know said that during his time with them he was ok as a holding midfielder but crap as a right back

Edited by Sheep62

Having been at all five post split fixtures after the disaster that was Motherwell, and after saying that I never wanted to see Ball playing for us again after that horrendous game, I was really impressed by how he came back to be superb in all five matches, I’d be more than happy to welcome him back.

Having been at all five post split fixtures after the disaster that was Motherwell, and after saying that I never wanted to see Ball playing for us again after that horrendous game, I was really impressed by how he came back to be superb in all five matches, I’d be more than happy to welcome him back.
What a measured and fact based statement. Which is, of course, no use if you are an Aberdeen fan. We need much bed wetting and rage about the fact that a guy who can do a job, in a key position, might be coming back.

We did not too badly post split, didn't we?

2 hours ago, Sheep62 said:

So the press (sic) reporting this morning that we have set a £10m price on McKenna.

Personally don't think he is worth anything close to that but and here is the BIG but, he is under contract until the summer of 2023. Big season coming up for him after the highs of last season. Here's hoping he can continue to develop and mature in a red shirt.

Personally don't trust Wiggy to cave in once the £ signs are flashed in front of him though.

I think he is worth that going with the silly transfer figures down south. We do put our game down but when you have a player that has signed a long contract and now a regular International player who was captain for one of the games then his value should be much higher - imagine the price of him if he played in England!

At the DNA meeting that someone asked Shinnie who was the best player he has played with - everyone expected either Maddison  or Christie but Shinnie said it was Kenny McLean which the management team agreed with him.  Funny enough Shinnie also mentioned Ryan Jack was a fantastic player in a different type of role but that didn't get a good response!  The Manager went on to speak about how good our midfield was 2 seasons ago and its a shame our budget couldn't have kept them at the club. 

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I hate the amount of bed wetting going on with lack of signings and don't want to be negative but...

The Motherwell game Ball played right back but the next 5 games he played central midfield protecting the back 4 and did a fine job. I kind of look at this rumour and think it maybe true about Gleeson being out for a long time although if it isn't then I don't get why we our signing a 4th Central midfielder in this transfer window when I think other positions are more critical. 

Hopefully we will have a few signings in before the Burnley game but if not then there is still about 45 days left until the transfer windows closes which is where I judge then if the transfer window was successful.

Edited by betting competition

I think he is worth that going with the silly transfer figures down south. We do put our game down but when you have a player that has signed a long contract and now a regular International player who was captain for one of the games then his value should be much higher - imagine the price of him if he played in England!
At the DNA meeting that someone asked Shinnie who was the best player he has played with - everyone expected either Maddison  or Christie but Shinnie said it was Kenny McLean which the management team agreed with him.  Funny enough Shinnie also mentioned Ryan Jack was a fantastic player in a different type of role but that didn't get a good response!  The Manager went on to speak about how good our midfield was 2 seasons ago and its a shame our budget couldn't have kept them at the club. 

Is mckenna a regular international player? He has only played about 3 games. He is absolutely not worth ten millions. Maximum £3-3.5m

12 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Is mckenna a regular international player? He has only played about 3 games. He is absolutely not worth ten millions. Maximum £3-3.5m

Regular as in only selected for the first time four games ago and has been ever present since as well captaining the side in Mexico

Regular as in only selected for the first time four games ago and has been ever present since as well captaining the side in Mexico

I think there is no doubt he is the No 1 choice at CB now.

2 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

I think there is no doubt he is the No 1 choice at CB now.

Absolutely......McLeish raves about him, and despite whatever failings that man might have, he should be able to recognise a good CB when he sees one.