The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

We certainly will be and I actually expected it to be announced minutes later. They are obviously keeping us in suspense but you can gurantee they didn't sign off on the loan until someone new was signed.

It is quite alarming what is going on so far. You assume 2-3 signings will appear before Burnley otherwise we could be severly caught out by an injury to a first team player.

Need a keeper, at least one defender, probably a central midfielder and a winger. DM has also said that he wants a striker.

23 hours ago, betting competition said:

That is it confirmed that Danny Rogers has went to St Mirren on a season loan.  Must be taking someone else in

Find it very odd that we've done this and will now require a goalkeeper to come in as cover.

Presumably we thought it was a winner for everyone for Rogers to go elsewhere as number 1 when the chance croped up. Especially if he can be backfilled with a more experienced player to add an old head to the changing room

If we can take Rogers back at any point then arguably we don't even need to get in an old head. Tbh it was odd when he resigned given that we brought Woodman in.

I'll be getting the plastic sheets out on Monday night if it's still the same, really hope anyone coming in gets a good couple of weeks before the Burnley.

27 minutes ago, HunterAFC said:

If we can take Rogers back at any point then arguably we don't even need to get in an old head. Tbh it was odd when he resigned given that we brought Woodman in.

I'll be getting the plastic sheets out on Monday night if it's still the same, really hope anyone coming in gets a good couple of weeks before the Burnley.

We'll need a sub keeper regardless of being able to recall Rogers

Aberdeen fans can be overly dramatic at times.

We have a good budget, but we’re in a position where our minimum aim is to finish above a team with far superior resources to ourselves. That means signings need to be considered and well thought out, goodness knows we’d hear all about it if we made signings for the sake of it (like Stewart last season) which the same folk also complained hampered the opportunities for the youth to come through.

We’ve missed out on McGeouch and Naismith, and we’re obviously looking elsewhere - it’s not football manager where things happen at the click of a mouse, often it’s about playing the waiting game to get in the players we want.

Injuries so far are unfortunate, but that still doesn’t mean we abandon our plans and just sign any old player. The nature of football fans is to want everything now, we all get like that, but it might be beneficial for some of the dolts on social media to consider the practicalities of recruitment and negotiation during a window, rather than just demanding we “sign someone”.

we've been back for pre-season for 3 weeks today.

Completed:

Loaned out our number 2 keeper 

Ongoing:

Offered a trial to a free agent

That's good going. The only thing I can fathom (presuming we are going to sign 4-5 players) is that a couple of them are done deals which are awaiting the other club finding replacement.

we've been back for pre-season for 3 weeks today.
Completed:
Loaned out our number 2 keeper 
Ongoing:
Offered a trial to a free agent

That's good going. The only thing I can fathom (presuming we are going to sign 4-5 players) is that a couple of them are done deals which are awaiting the other club finding replacement.

Gleeson, Forrester, Devlin and (perhaps) Cosgrove count too.

Again, any reportable progress. The level of Bosman player I'd hope we're looking at should be thinking they can get a Championship club so won't be rushing to sign for us. Similarly clubs won't be desperate to shift fringe players unless they have replacements coming in.

Its probably fair to say we have little chance of getting past Burnley regardless of who we sign. If (and it's a big if given McInnes' signings so far) we end up with a stronger squad at the end of August than we would given the options available this week I think that's probably the right decision, frustrating as it is.