The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I've heard of this Marquis boy, but never seen him play. Hopefully means we are serious about recruiting a new, starting centre-forward. Pity the club is absolutely wedded to the English lower league market, though. 

I think Football/Championship Manager has a lot to answer for when it comes to foreign markets.  When it comes to SPL/Scottish Premiership the number of successful players brought in from outside the UK is tiny.

We don't have the resources to effectively exploit all of Europe, we also can't offer an attractive enough package frankly. If we had a history of bringing in players and selling them on to English teams maybe. Add to that, as McInnes has said in the past, you have much greater confidence that UK based players will more easily integrate into the team.

12 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I've heard of this Marquis boy, but never seen him play. Hopefully means we are serious about recruiting a new, starting centre-forward. Pity the club is absolutely wedded to the English lower league market, though. 

Trying to think of the last person that was not either Irish or UK wise that was really successful at the club not that many - Heikkinen/Kjaer/Bisconti/Arnason - any others?

I suppose looking at the lower league in England has got us Rooney/Lewis/Logan and obviously McGinn was on loan down there before we signed him. 

3 hours ago, HunterAFC said:

I think Football/Championship Manager has a lot to answer for when it comes to foreign markets.  When it comes to SPL/Scottish Premiership the number of successful players brought in from outside the UK is tiny.

We don't have the resources to effectively exploit all of Europe, we also can't offer an attractive enough package frankly. If we had a history of bringing in players and selling them on to English teams maybe. Add to that, as McInnes has said in the past, you have much greater confidence that UK based players will more easily integrate into the team.

Our history of selling Uk sourced players isn’t fantastic either. Maybe we’re a bit shit at that bit of our asset management?

Agree we can’t realistically cover all of Europe, or elsewhere, but some focused scouting in well chosen locations should be feasible and could pay for itself if we get good at the other bits too.

Brendan Rogers thinks there can't be any racist undertones to Shay's abuse by Celtic fans because they came first in a survey of good fans.

Sound.

This has got me rattled this morning. Rogers saying that basically reinforces their behaviour and they'll continue to do it. Take a step back for once in your life and accept that some Celtic fans are c***s. Have some fucking humility ffs

Poor from rodgers.

The fans can go back and forth about whether it’s racism or whether it’s because they just think Logan’s a fanny.

However there is no denying the origin of this is the tonev incident. It is simply a fact and Rodgers would be best served to just not comment at all.

Scott Wright was your best player today, played on the right wing. 

Cosgrove looks absolutely dreadful, a proper cart horse who gives away more fouls than he has touches. 

You won't lose many headers with Devlin and McKenna. 

Scott Wright was your best player today, played on the right wing. 
Cosgrove looks absolutely dreadful, a proper cart horse who gives away more fouls than he has touches. 
You won't lose many headers with Devlin and McKenna. 

Cosgrove to start every game against Celtic this season then.

Thought Wright and Ferguson were best Dons players today. May took his goal well and looked better than he did on Wednesday which to be fair wasn’t difficult. Agree with comments above on Cosgrove. We desperately need to get another striker in.