The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Problem for anybody wanting Watt isn't really his ego or anything imo, football is just a job for him, nothing more.

He has undoubted talent but its accepting that he won’t strive to improve and that it may upset other squad players. A team at the lower end of the table may accept this but I fear it would end up being detrimental to a team like Aberdeen.

Its a great shame really as Scotland are crying out for another striker. 

8 hours ago, Booker-T said:

a fit tony watt is a good player for any scottish team . i don't see why aberdeen cant have him

Is he? I remember him being distinctly shite to average for Hearts a season or two back. 

The less he plays, the better he becomes, it seems. 

I'd be more than comfortable with Watt going to anyone in the Premiership or indeed, even United. He's one of those that are pretty pish but not pish enough to have the fans lambast the signing and willing to give him a chance. 

8 hours ago, gannonball said:

Problem for anybody wanting Watt isn't really his ego or anything imo, football is just a job for him, nothing more.

He has undoubted talent but its accepting that he won’t strive to improve and that it may upset other squad players. A team at the lower end of the table may accept this but I fear it would end up being detrimental to a team like Aberdeen.

Its a great shame really as Scotland are crying out for another striker. 

Aye at 19. You have no idea what he's like now.

1 hour ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Aye at 19. You have no idea what he's like now.

See below my little seething simpleton x x

10 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Had a quick look on Wikipedia because I had to ta see what Tony has been doing for the last few years. He's scored something like 35 goals for 9 different clubs in 9 years.. Utter shite. 

Yeah the clubs/leagues he was been at shows hes been pretty much on a downward trajectory. A lot of which are loan deals where they have opted to not make it permenant even when he has scored a couple which is quite an indication of his overall attitude. 

14 minutes ago, gannonball said:

See below my little seething simpleton x x

Yeah the clubs/leagues he was been at shows hes been pretty much on a downward trajectory. A lot of which are loan deals where they have opted to not make it permenant even when he has scored a couple which is quite an indication of his overall attitude. 

At the end of the day a striker is judged on goals scored and looking at that record he hasn't done it..  You'd know more being a Celtic fan but hadn't he attitude and discipline problems with Celtic? Looking at his record and clubs it looks like another wasted talent unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, Desp said:

Were Aberdeen not seeded for the EL Qualifying 2nd Round?  Staggering.

Burnley is a very harsh draw. 

No we are unseeded due to the changes to the qualifying that have been made this year. Its getting harder and harder to qualify. Think we would have had a coefficient of ~ 8 if it was doen the way last year, but because of the changes we have a coefficient of 4.25, compared with Rangers and Hibs who have 4.00 who have barely been competing in Europe recently. Its frustrating and a farely brutal draw

12 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Burnley aren’t great shakes tbf. Rooting for Aberdeen when the game comes around.

They were the 7th best team in England last season.  "aren't great shakes" seems a tad harsh on them. 

They are able to bid nearly £30m for two players.  They are on a different planet to what Aberdeen are.  I really hope Aberdeen can catch them cold, but that's a really, really shite draw for them. 

Other than the Champions League for Celtic, European football is barely worth it for clubs in our country anymore.  UEFA have shafted the smaller countries so much, it's virtually impossible to overcome the odds stacked against them to progress to the groups. 

As long as UEFA get three of four clubs from the "Big 5" in each of their tournaments, they'll be happy.  f**k the rest of them. 

No we are unseeded due to the changes to the qualifying that have been made this year. Its getting harder and harder to qualify. Think we would have had a coefficient of ~ 8 if it was doen the way last year, but because of the changes we have a coefficient of 4.25, compared with Rangers and Hibs who have 4.00 who have barely been competing in Europe recently. Its frustrating and a farely brutal draw

It's a fix for UEFA to make their competitions a parade of clubs from big name leagues. It sort of represents everything wrong with modern football.

22 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

It's a fix for UEFA to make their competitions a parade of clubs from big name leagues. It sort of represents everything wrong with modern football.

I dont think its a fix. But, the systems that are used very much help teams stay in their current position which happens both domestically and in Europe.  Obviously the powers that be see this as a good thing. But, as Aberdeen fans it seems to be getting harder and harder to take our team to the next level and get into the group stages. That said, Motherwell and Killie have had great seasons but still havent qualified for Europe. Teams become pinholed into their "natural order" which is imo a load of crap. I would l ike to see a little bit more chaos in football and a good way to start would be getting rid of seedings in these  draws but this is sadly unlikely to ever happen.