The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

16 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I wonder if we’ll try for Moult again 

or Boyce

I dont think either in this window though. We've too many strikers as it is before the talks with Watt and Miller

That's O'Connor confirmed at Bradford as expected. Mixed feelings about him. Decent player on his day but certainly can't imagine he'd be hard to replace.

Much like Ash Taylor did in the final game of last season, O’Connor saved his best performance for his final game in a Dons shirt.

If he played like that more often then I would be declaring my disappointment at his departure. Unfortunately I think his heroics that sunny day were just an outlier - he was mostly underwhelming and should be replaceable.

Bradford is a decent move for O'Connor, I think. He's not as bad as folk on Twitter are making him out to be, but his form is frustratingly inconsistent - when he was good, he was excellent; when he was bad, he was, well, bad. He seemed to do something of a reverse McLean, in that he started his two seasons with us very promisingly and then dipped in mid-season, although he had some good post-split performances this year, culminating with his best at Parkhead. If I'm being generous, I'd say that chopping and changing his role might not have helped him much, especially as he was uncomfortable and just not very good as a midfielder. 

He should be fine for League One, as long as he sticks to the basics and Bradford keep him away from midfield. 

5 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Bradford is a decent move for O'Connor, I think. He's not as bad as folk on Twitter are making him out to be, but his form is frustratingly inconsistent - when he was good, he was excellent; when he was bad, he was, well, bad. He seemed to do something of a reverse McLean, in that he started his two seasons with us very promisingly and then dipped in mid-season, although he had some good post-split performances this year, culminating with his best at Parkhead. If I'm being generous, I'd say that chopping and changing his role might not have helped him much, especially as he was uncomfortable and just not very good as a midfielder. 

He should be fine for League One, as long as he sticks to the basics and Bradford keep him away from midfield. 

I bare O'Connor no ill will, but also, I never really warmed to O'Connor (apart for his charge down to the AFC fans in the cup quarter final...  RESPECT!

But it think that is largely Deek's fault.  I could never understand why he was drafted into midfield.  This seemed particularly barmy when he came on for McGinn in the cup final! :wacko:

He simply wasn't a quick enough player, nor a  tough enough tackler nor a skillful enough ball player to do a job there.

Still as I said, I have no qualms with him and hope he has a successful career at Bradford.

Yours

aDONis

Edited by aDONisSheep