The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Met Neale Cooper on a few occasions and a true gentleman. Nothing but supportive when I was an assistant referee on a few friendlies for Peterhead and Ross County. Top man.

Wish I could have done what he did in scoring against THEM from one yard out at their end of Hampden to win the Scottish Cup Final. Ace. RIP Tattie.

Geez. Happened just a couple hundred yards up the road.

Very sad, heard nothing but nice things about him. Was always complimentary of Rovers when we played his Peterhead side and seemed like a thoroughly decent bloke.

Unbelievably sad news about Neale.  He really was such a genuinely friendly and funny guy.  From sorting out complimentary tickets at away grounds while travelling to watch County to greeting you like a lost friend outside Peterhead while he was the manager there.  He always had time for myself and countless other fans like me.  I met him on nights out in Inverness and Aberdeen and he would always be great company.  A real sad loss for us never mind his own family.

By far my favourite story is when one of my friends accosted him in Tesco just after he was appointed manager of Ross County and asked him "whatever happened to your golden curls?" Cooper laughed and said "Signing for Rangers does that to you".  RIP Tattie.

I'm too young to have seen him play, but my Dad shared a couple of rehabilitation classes with him after their respective heart attacks last year and said he was a warm, genuine bloke. Don't think I've ever heard anyone say a negative word about meeting him. Very sad news. 

was on a very good trajectory until at least January 2017. Bids from Derby, QPR and others for him turned down at that point. 

Some point in 2017 he seems to have lost his way. Stripped of captaincy and dropped. Still managed to play loads of games this season past but they do play about 100 games a season in the english lower leagues between the league and all three cups.

if someone can find footage of Posh losing at Stamford bridge apparently that was when he shot to prominence and the January 2017 bids followed.

Can play CM, AM, DM and LM so its not clear exactly how he would fit in.... maybe like McLean he'll play both CM and AM

Edited by d31