The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I am pretty angry with McInnes after the B&G thing to be honest. 
This is exactly correct. The home support are mostly locals. We are a reserved bunch, slow to get excited, but when we are it is a scene to behold. The away fans are made up from a lot of different areas and also students based in the central belt. Even when were shite we had a big noisy away support. And when we were awesome the home support was subdued, unless we were beating an Ugly Sister or European Giant. I had a bit of a row with some Central Belt Dons fans in Inverness once. They were pissed, and bouncing around chanting and having a great time. Then one of them asked me "how you no singing? Yer no a real fan". Not everyone is fit for jumping about and yelling. I'm certainly not anymore, but I would put my attendance record up against anyone's and I doubt I would be embarrassed.
When we have beaten Rangers and Celtic at home there have been amazing atmospheres at Pittodrie. Also in Europe, the Almaty home game, the last ten minutes when we were pressing for a goal, the place was absolutely rocking.
McInnes said the team were playing their part but the crowd weren't. I beg to differ. Aberdeen fans wont get excited about beating teams outside the ugly sisters at Pittodrie  because we expect to do so. That makes us entitled and arrogant, but its how it is. A bit more entitlement and arrogance from the team and we might actually manage to beat Rangers one day. Consistency does not inspire passion, overcoming the odds does that.
If McInnes and any Dons fans want  to know what the secret of generating a cauldron like atmosphere at Pittodrie is then I can tell you.
Beat Rangers or Celtic there.

Can’t argue with any of that.

Paul Quinn’s winner against Celtic a few years back was mayhem. I celebrated like a man possessed.

1 hour ago, Kneetrembler said:

This is exactly correct. The home support are mostly locals. We are a reserved bunch, slow to get excited, but when we are it is a scene to behold. The away fans are made up from a lot of different areas and also students based in the central belt. Even when were shite we had a big noisy away support. And when we were awesome the home support was subdued, unless we were beating an Ugly Sister or European Giant. I had a bit of a row with some Central Belt Dons fans in Inverness once. They were pissed, and bouncing around chanting and having a great time. Then one of them asked me "how you no singing? Yer no a real fan". Not everyone is fit for jumping about and yelling. I'm certainly not anymore, but I would put my attendance record up against anyone's and I doubt I would be embarrassed.

Not sure I agree. Our away support are at their best when a lot of fans travel from Aberdeen. The games when not many buses are running from here are the games when there are a lot of central belt fans sitting down and there is no atmosphere. 

2 hours ago, Kneetrembler said:

The Red Ultras were awesome. 

I wouldn't go that far - they created some amazing flags but they also upset a lot of other supporters club. Killie/Inverness CT away game with their flags blocking the view of the game  upset a lot of people. 

Celtic had the worst atmosphere at Parkhead against us as they only cheered once they scored from late 90s to about 2010ish, but then the green brigade got organised and took over a section of Parkhead.

I don't go with this Aberdeen is a reserved bunch all it takes is a group similar to form:) 

Edited by betting competition

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

I wouldn't go that far - they created some amazing flags but they also upset a lot of other supporters club. Killie/Inverness CT away game with their flags blocking the view of the game  upset a lot of people. 

Celtic had the worst atmosphere at Parkhead against us as they only cheered once they scored from late 90s to about 2010ish, but then the green brigade got organised and took over a section of Parkhead.

I don't go with this Aberdeen is a reserved bunch all it takes is a group similar to form:) 

that's a fair point. they were fantastic to look at but I wouldn't have stood in beside them.

7 minutes ago, bpdon said:

Did you pick up any other interesting details at the B&G event? What did Celtic do to try and sabotage the Woodman deal?

The first question was "can we mount a title challenge" to Celtic. DM's answer was pretty much "no". Then the second question was "what do you like to watch on tv." I started getting a bit restless.

Regarding Woodman, there were apparently several clubs trying to get him in on loan, more than one from Scotland. And one of them, I don't think it was specifically mentioned, told Newcastle Lewis was only going to be out for a month and that Rogers would be Aberdeen's first choice.

The first question was "can we mount a title challenge" to Celtic. DM's answer was pretty much "no". Then the second question was "what do you like to watch on tv." I started getting a bit restless.

Money well spent to find out what Deek watches on the telly when he is eating his tea.

Surprised at the lack of noise around a Director of our club endorsing the fact “Ernie Walker would have just given Rangers a 500K fine and a slap on the wrist and not RELEGATED them like Regan did” on Sunday Sportsound.

Senile old ****.

Surprised at the lack of noise around a Director of our club endorsing the fact “Ernie Walker would have just given Rangers a 500K fine and a slap on the wrist and not RELEGATED them like Regan did” on Sunday Sportsound.

Senile old ****.

People still listen to sportsound when there is no actual football on?

On 2/7/2018 at 11:51, Kneetrembler said:

When we have beaten Rangers and Celtic at home there have been amazing atmospheres at Pittodrie. Also in Europe, the Almaty home game, the last ten minutes when we were pressing for a goal, the place was absolutely rocking.

McInnes said the team were playing their part but the crowd weren't. I beg to differ. Aberdeen fans wont get excited about beating teams outside the ugly sisters at Pittodrie  because we expect to do so. That makes us entitled and arrogant, but its how it is. A bit more entitlement and arrogance from the team and we might actually manage to beat Rangers one day. Consistency does not inspire passion, overcoming the odds does that.

If McInnes and any Dons fans want  to know what the secret of generating a cauldron like atmosphere at Pittodrie is then I can tell you.

Off on a bit of a tangent but our away support was at it's best when we were shite, oddly enough. Late 90's/Early 00's it was absolutely brilliant. 

Also think McInnes is well wide of the mark re home crowds. getting beat 1-0 at home to Kilmarnock, following a third defeat in 2 months to the **** (dreadful performance too) I'm really not sure what he was expecting...a bit deluded. 

On 2/7/2018 at 13:53, KingswellsRed said:

Not sure I agree. Our away support are at their best when a lot of fans travel from Aberdeen. The games when not many buses are running from here are the games when there are a lot of central belt fans sitting down and there is no atmosphere. 

Yup. A 3 hour journey to any game that's not Dundee or Perth leaves plenty time to get well oiled, particularly with the 8:30/9AM departures. 

Can’t say I completely agree. In recent times that we’ve beaten the c*nts at Pittodrie it’s only really been when we’ve been ahead that the atmosphere was good.

Recently we pumped a good Hibs side 4-1, (and should have been 5-0 up). Exceptional attacking confident football on display and the Hibs guys were making more noise than us. If Hibs had been doing that to us at Easter Road the place would be rocking.

Even away from home, compare the rabid h*ns at Pittodrie to us at Ibrox. They’re singing their shite from pre match all the way through, we sing about an incident from 30 years ago a few times and do f*ck all else. I’d say the supporters bus fans from the NE sitting together are where most of the atmosphere comes from these days instead of the central belters scattered around. The only really good away atmospheres we’ve had this season were at Hibs and Dundee tbh.

We’re watching the best Dons team we’ve seen in decades and the atmosphere at both home and away games is usually dire. You can blame the dour nature of Aberdonians or the expectations/entitlement but it’s a poor state of affairs.

Regarding Woodman, there were apparently several clubs trying to get him in on loan, more than one from Scotland. And one of them, I don't think it was specifically mentioned, told Newcastle Lewis was only going to be out for a month and that Rogers would be Aberdeen's first choice.

I heard that it was Motherwell who tried to get Woodman in so they could sell Carson to Celtic, and had said we wouldn’t play him but that they would.