Static caravans

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huge range of quality. Mate of mine stayed in one that was like a 5 star suite. Then you have the rest..

i stayed in one of those 5 star ones and the bedroom was en suite.it was dead handy in the middle of the night but not so good in the morning when you had to empty the bottle.

ps.you ever tried shitting in a bottle? :o

Anybody got any knowledge of static caravans, likesay?

A friend of mine has one down in Abersoc (sp) in North Wales.....really nice, warm & comfortable. Am pretty sure you now have to pay council tax on them though.

Old workmate of mine bought one when he first got married. He lived in it for a few years until his place on the council housing list came up. When he tried to sell it he was told that only the caravan park owner could buy it as it was hidden away in the small print when he bought it. The owner paid peanuts!

Old workmate of mine bought one when he first got married. He lived in it for a few years until his place on the council housing list came up. When he tried to sell it he was told that only the caravan park owner could buy it as it was hidden away in the small print when he bought it. The owner paid peanuts!

This.

We looked into it a few years ago and worked out it was going to cost a fortune. Most sites dictate that you must renew your caravan every 10 years and that the site owner has first dibs on buying the old unit. Also remember the yearly site management costs were astronomical, £1000s a year

I've stayed in a few over the years (adventurous bunch when it comes to holidays, my family). They were all pretty decent and OK for a short break, just don't expect too much. You *can* find one that'll be like a wee metal version of the Ritz, but it's pretty unlikely.

Archived