Naismith is better than all Morton's players by quite a considerable distance.

Yet when he was with us, he was absolutely diabolical. The fact he's improved considerably since returning to you doesn't change that undeniable fact.

Anyway, surprised to see anyone saying it was a decent game, I thought it was shite. Most of us were expecting a pumping so I guess we can look at it being an even game as a positive, but while I know this makes me sound overly negative, I felt that had more to do with St. Mirren being shite than us being any good. We dominated in terms of possession in the first half due to Tommy Craig's bizarre tactic of forbidding his players to pass the ball to their teammate. Bold strategy but it didn't really pay off, hence the ridiculous number of occasions we won the ball in midfield. We did little with it and hardly created anything, which is inevitable when you have two centre backs in central midfield. I hope to christ Duffy's not planning to do that regularly.

You can't judge too much on a friendly, but on the basis of that I fear our only real tactic this season is going to be punting the ball to Barrowman. We still need another four or five signings, with natural wide players and a goal threat from midfield essential.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Naismith is better than all Morton's players by quite a considerable distance.

Right now, possibly so. I haven't seen this season's squad but none of them bring a considerable reputation with them. While at Morton however, Naismith was comfortably the worst defender to get a game in that first team, and I'm afraid you'll have to deal with that fact with less puffy faced indignation.

Thought our youngsters handled themselves pretty well yesterday. Brown coming on at half time helped greatly because McGinn n McLean were outnumbered and kept giving the ball away when they were surrounded by Morton players.

Thought Wylde was our danger man and when he actually got the ball caused the no2 all sorts of problems. Who was the no2 btw? Kept asking Jim Duffy where to put the ball at set pieces, failed pretty much every time. He looked quite lost? Duffy was barking orders all day but none of his players seemed to respond.

Morton had a few long range shots and McKee had a great chance but that was about it. Their final ball was awful, Kello showed his class yesterday coming for crosses ect where as the ball was like a bar if soap at times for the Ton keeper.

Naismith took his chance well. The game and atmosphere matched the weather though.

Archived