• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kudos to the boy in the cowshed who let off a flare just as we scored. Happened a few years ago as well haha.

Game was rotten, we tried to play keep ball and Morton were right in our faces .

Good to see Naismith have a better time of it than last season.

We were really rusty, the 3 games next week will set us up better.

McKee was decent for Morton, 2 big centre backs look fairly solid.

Rumours going about he is Rotherham bound.

Ah, not too bothered about that to be honest as O'Ware and Miller both looked very good in midfield today, and I presume it will be a Hands-Miller partnership in the league

McKee was the only player I'd happily drop in the next game. Some nice touches followed up by fannying about in his own half losing the ball. Get rid.

The rest of the team was good, won almost every challenge on the ground and in the air, we just don't have much up front. Possession and control of the game is all good but the miden made one good chance and scored from it. Disappointing and you could say we deserved more but you need to score. Our only good chance was well saved.

Glad we got the result and I'm chuffed for big Naisy after the tough time he had on loan there.

Out of curiousity, has Joe McKee scored a set-piece for Morton yet? He used to have 20 free kicks and penalties in Football Manager back in the day.

Glad we got the result and I'm chuffed for big Naisy after the tough time he had on loan there.

Out of curiousity, has Joe McKee scored a set-piece for Morton yet? He used to have 20 free kicks and penalties in Football Manager back in the day.

He's scored 2 free kicks I'm sure, the one against Viewfield was very decent.

I thought we were pretty much second to every ball first half and we looked really rusty throughout the entire game. Having said that I thought Morton played well and got in our faces right from the off.

It was also a very good decision to go in to the main stand. I felt sorry for the punters who braved the constant downpour.

Nice to see big Naismith get his goal and stick it the Morton boo boys,who gave him a hard time when he went on loan to Morton.

It was drab conditions which I imagine contributed to the slightly disappointing crowd (2881) and it was a fairly drab game in terms of goals (obviously) and chances, but a rumbustious affair nevertheless and played at a good tempo. To summarise my general impression: Morton were better than I feared while St Mirren were worse than I expected.

If Morton's attacking players made better decisions at the sharp-end, and brought their shooting boots, they could have won.

If St Mirren gave the ball away less, and turned their build-up possession into chances, they could have won by more.

Reasonable fare, all-in-all, and St Mirren extend their all-time lead to 3 titles.

Yes; how dare fans criticise a liability chucking in goals every other week.

A 17 year old kid with no first team experience at the time of his loan period. He played a total of 4 games, maybe your so called experienced defenders were the real culprits when it came to chucking in goals.

McKee was the only player I'd happily drop in the next game. Some nice touches followed up by fannying about in his own half losing the ball. Get rid.

The rest of the team was good, won almost every challenge on the ground and in the air, we just don't have much up front. Possession and control of the game is all good but the miden made one good chance and scored from it. Disappointing and you could say we deserved more but you need to score. Our only good chance was well saved.

' Possession and control of the game '

:lol:

That was wet and shit.

Could do with a couple more signings and Thommo back in the team.

Tommy said post match that he is actively scouting for a couple more experienced players. We seen today that we have a pretty decent core in place, especially considering we were missing 4 first pick players due to injury (Thompson, Kelly, Plummer and Goodwin).

' Possession and control of the game '

:lol:

I'm not even going to honour this pish with an argument because I'm drunk now. Other than your shite, now slightly washed mob's rather effective final 10 minutes, Morton were on top of that game. Fair fucks for getting the killer blow but other than that auld midden barely had a sniff. I'm going to stop before I get too salty.

Are Morton going to get rid of the"SPFL Championship" hoarding that they are proudly displaying on a the half way line, or are they just going to assume that promotion is almost guaranteed given that they caused St Mirren a few problems in a pre season kick about, and just leave it there?

A 17 year old kid with no first team experience at the time of his loan period. He played a total of 4 games, maybe your so called experienced defenders were the real culprits when it came to chucking in goals.

He played four games because he was so hopelessly out of his depth; the rest of the defence in that campaign was broadly Championship standard - he was League Two.

A terrible signing then with absolutely zero reason for Morton fans to happy clap a liability youth player who wasn't even signed for the club. A delicate little flower about it though, clearly.

I'm not even going to honour this pish with an argument because I'm drunk now. Other than your shite, now slightly washed mob's rather effective final 10 minutes, Morton were on top of that game. Fair fucks for getting the killer blow but other than that auld midden barely had a sniff. I'm going to stop before I get too salty.

You got salty enough, don't panic. Interesting you cite an 'effective last 10 minutes'. when our goal came with 20 minutes to go. If anyone did keep possession stats - which I doubt - I'd be pretty certain they'd show that we had more of the ball than Morton.

We were ole'ing at the end and had about 40 passes before Marwood dinked your left full back beautifully and created a good chance. Before we scored Caldwell had a one on one which he should have done better with. In the first half we had a great counter attack down our right which we should have scored form.

Morton's chances were restricted to a couple of long range efforts. Although Kello made a couple of decent saves, they were saves I'd expect a keeper of his caliber to make.

Morton looked like a decent League 1 side, which is what you are, nothing more nothing less. In saying that I do hope you win that league next season and keep the Fife cheats in the wilderness for a bit longer.

Ok then. Kello actually made a cracking save from the best chance we made midway through the 2nd half from about 10 yards.

McCluskey going off neutered us.

He played four games because he was so hopelessly out of his depth; the rest of the defence in that campaign was broadly Championship standard - he was League Two.

A terrible signing then with absolutely zero reason for Morton fans to happy clap a liability youth player who wasn't even signed for the club. A delicate little flower about it though, clearly.

Naismith is better than all Morton's players by quite a considerable distance.

Archived