• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Random question and going totally off topic but what are they used for now? Are they just lying empty?

The one directly across from Cappielow is, aye. They tidied it up a bit in 2011 when the Tall Ships were here so they could use it for something (I think it was the bar area, as if the Norseman isn't good enough for tourists from all over Scotland and the world) but mostly it's unused, although they occasionally find a use for it: http://www.scotsman.com/what-s-on/theatre-comedy-dance/white-gold-imagination-takes-flight-1-3429646

The shed next to McDonalds was turned into flats after it very, very mysteriously went on fire, meaning to save the site it was basically a choice of flats or nothing. This coming after previous attempts to turn them into flats had been resisted. I, for one, do not think this was suspicious at all.

Edit: Now I'm doubting myself on the fire bit. That was that shed wasn't it? So many allegedly suspicious fires in this town I can't keep track.

Seems a bit unfortunate with the fires but suppose it's to be expected with the sort of kids that go to Waterloo Road school.

Still, at least the local bus company is in safe hands.

There's a car park on Sinclair Street which you can turn into from the main road but you have to pay (can't remember the cost, £3 maybe). There's plenty of streets nearby where you should have no problem finding a space, or alternatively there are spaces at the old sugar sheds on the other side of the main road, but you may struggle to get parked there as I'm assume that's where the St. Mirren supporters buses will be, and there'll no doubt be thousands for this momentous fixture.

Thanks.

13-1 to Morton. Goalscorers - Barrowman x3, McKee x2, Stevenson, McCluskey, Cairnie, Hands, OG, Russell x2, Scullion. Goal for Viewfield scored by Craig Brown (no, not that one).

Crowd?

Make sure you have details of goal scorers, times, bookings, crowd, substitutions and name and addresses of the officials or HibeeJibee will scream and scream until he's sick.

Be interesting to see what team Tommy goes for tomorrow, this is really our first *proper* friendly, the Albion Rovers game was more a hybrid first team/u20 team.

I know Goodwin and Kelly were carrying knocks during the week, hopefully both are back for the weekend. Kenny was absent during the week but not heard why, Thommo is definitely out. I think we will go something like:

Kello

Naismith

McAusland

Mevlija (trialist)

Plummer

McGinn

Goodwin

Marwood

McLean

Wylde

Caldwell

I wouldn't be surprised if some Morton fans were wanting Saints to win this one. Holding the Renfrewshire cup seems to guarantee a season from hell for them.

Either way I'm pretty much expecting another season from hell.

I don't expect to win tomorrow, really can't see us scoring. Maybe an outside chance of a 0-0.

Archived