Anyway news on this year's Renfrewshire Cup - who's qualified from the Victoria Cup? Are the Semi-Finals due now or in pre-season?

Will the Final continue to occupy its traditional slot, which would be Saturday 19th July at Cappielow?

Can high-flying St Mirren reclaim the cup from relegated Morton? Can Morton avoid a Hamilton-esque drubbing?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going by the SFA Referee Appointments website the Victoria Cup Semi-Finals were

Saturday 12th April - Moorcroft v Port Glasgow OBU, at Renfrew

Wednesday 23rd April - Viewfield Rovers v Carlton YMCA, at Lochwinnoch

• 4 weeks later...

Saturday 19th confirmed as our second-of-six pre-season game:

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?page_id=154

Quite early in the build up to competitive match sharpness et al for the handsome Buddies so reckon the current RC holders shall be fitter and fairly confident of retaining the trophy on home turf. Bring it on..!boxing.gif:rolleyes:

This game's only played when it's sunny so get the SPF looked out! cool.png

• 2 weeks later...

We could barely play 7-a-sides right now.

After the season we have had, the manager appointment and the targets we are linked with. I'm not very hopeful about 'retaining' to say the least.

Oh well, just a friendly.

We could barely play 7-a-sides right now.

After the season we have had, the manager appointment and the targets we are linked with. I'm not very hopeful about 'retaining' to say the least.

Oh well, just a friendly.

Think we can just about scrape 7 together, including the 3 keepers!

Normally a good laugh, sometimes spoiled by a minority of local neds on either side who have no affiliation to Saints or yourselves.

Morton normally hammer us but we always seemed to scrape a win. Morton actually hammered us last summer, causing mass panic and the signing of Danny Grainger who at the time we thought would be a decent signing. I think the Dunfermline fans seemed sick of him near the end of last season.

• 3 weeks later...

Why's there even a thread?

HibeeJibee loves the Renfrewshire cup.

Gate prices announced. £12 and £6 . We play Albion Rovers midweek, don't know if I can handle 2 friendlies in the space of a few days. Would probably rather go to Cliftonhill just so I can tick them off my ground list.

Ah the competition gets a bad press, but it's more competitive than most friendlies, and is usually our last run out before the League Cup game which normally starts the season. It has it's importance in that respect, even if the result is not all that important.

In saying that, any chance to beat that mob is always welcome in my books. Even Kabba Cham scored against them last pre-season...twice! :lol:

Our semi against Port Glasgow Old Boys Union is tomorrow at our Ralston training complex, 7:45pm kick off.

Will be our under 20 team again, with maybe a couple of familiar faces. Think we beat the same team 16-1 in last seasons semi.

£2 entry and £1 concession if anyone fancies it!

Pity that game isn't next week when I'm on holiday - never been to the training ground so would have been a nice chance to see it.

Will be watching the golf on TV on Saturday rather than going to Cappielow though.

Can someone remind me of Cappielow's parking arrangements? Many thanks.

There's a car park on Sinclair Street which you can turn into from the main road but you have to pay (can't remember the cost, £3 maybe). There's plenty of streets nearby where you should have no problem finding a space, or alternatively there are spaces at the old sugar sheds on the other side of the main road, but you may struggle to get parked there as I'm assume that's where the St. Mirren supporters buses will be, and there'll no doubt be thousands for this momentous fixture.

There's a car park on Sinclair Street which you can turn into from the main road but you have to pay (can't remember the cost, £3 maybe). There's plenty of streets nearby where you should have no problem finding a space, or alternatively there are spaces at the old sugar sheds on the other side of the main road, but you may struggle to get parked there as I'm assume that's where the St. Mirren supporters buses will be, and there'll no doubt be thousands for this momentous fixture.

Random question and going totally off topic but what are they used for now? Are they just lying empty?

Archived