Clyde Fc 2014-15

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really despair every time we get into a discussion about Stuart McColm, it's the same couple of posters every time who seem to think that we should have Franck Ribery out on the wing. They're happy enough to criticise McColm - completely irrationally IMO - but I'd like to ask them who they think is any better at this level? Go on, if we're getting rid of this useless lump, who are we going to sign who will do just as good a job for the team?

Again - what's irrational about having a different opinion to you about a player. There's a scientific explanation for people who think their opinion is the only valid one.

Frankly I am not interested in evaluating players in another team I may see once a season - the debate is about McColm's attributes, and I don't see enough from him. The fact that you do may be that you have lower standards than me. Could be that simple.

I agree with you SLW-but not 100%. The game against East Fife at Broadwood and to a lesser extent at Methil showed me what McColm can offer when he puts in the effort. We desperately lacked width down the left at Broadwood which took me by surprise with both McKinnon and McDonald playing. As infuriatingly frustrating as McColm is,he does put over a lovely cross and with Daly slaughtering Mbu last Wednesday I am sure we would have benifitted. The great thing about football is how we can look at a player and form different opinions. Personally I think a fit and lean McKinnon could prove to be more productive than McDonald.

I'd be gobsmacked if Ferguson goes to Dumbarton this summer. Firstly, he's under contract and with all due respect I don't think Dumbarton have the resources to buy him, and we're fortunate enough that we're no longer in a position where we are forced to accept derisory offers for our best players. I also think that Fergie is thriving and content at Clyde and is more than happy to stay, for another year at least. I'll be worried about the vultures circling when his contract is up next year, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

There is no doubt whatsoever that he's destined for bigger things, though. Easily the most talented youngster I've seen since Craig Bryson

I'd be gobsmacked if Ferguson goes to Dumbarton this summer. Firstly, he's under contract and with all due respect I don't think Dumbarton have the resources to buy him, and we're fortunate enough that we're no longer in a position where we are forced to accept derisory offers for our best players. I also think that Fergie is thriving and content at Clyde and is more than happy to stay, for another year at least. I'll be worried about the vultures circling when his contract is up next year, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

There is no doubt whatsoever that he's destined for bigger things, though. Easily the most talented youngster I've seen since Craig Bryson

Unsure if we'd be in the market for a player we'd need to buy, but we are by no means skint. We've been solvent for years. Dumbarton FC = lavish.

Not sure he himself would entertain an offer unless he was a guarantee start every week. He will continue to do well with his development with us and one more season can't hurt him. Having a manager and coach such as Duffy is also important in this instance.

Unsure if we'd be in the market for a player we'd need to buy, but we are by no means skint. We've been solvent for years. Dumbarton FC = lavish.

I know you're doing alright, but I don't think we'd sell for any less than maybe £50,000. That's a complete guess with no basis in fact whatsoever though

Not sure he himself would entertain an offer unless he was a guarantee start every week. He will continue to do well with his development with us and one more season can't hurt him. Having a manager and coach such as Duffy is also important in this instance.

Very true. There aren't many better coaches around than JD, and the lad seems happy and settled at Clyde anyway

I know you're doing alright, but I don't think we'd sell for any less than maybe £50,000. That's a complete guess with no basis in fact whatsoever though

Seems a very high figure for a player at that level. £50k is about what Premiership players go for in these austere days. Not to mention that only Celtic pay transfer fees these days.

He's had more of an impact than Gilhaney ever did, put it that way. Fucking Dumbarton pinching our players. Jesus sufferin buggery :o

:lol: GIUY.

Hmm, could be an issue if we have to pay for him. As Pete says, we're not skint but we're certainly not rich enough to start throwing cash around. It would make sense us being in the market for a winger though, Mitch Megginson is expected to head for a full-time club so we need a replacement for him, Ferguson would play every week with us and the difference Murray has made to other players deemed not good enough (like Mitch) could be enticing for him. But it's all paper talk just now so I guess we'll wait and see.

Seems a very high figure for a player at that level. £50k is about what Premiership players go for in these austere days. Not to mention that only Celtic pay transfer fees these days.

Hibs did spend six figures on James Collins though. Six figures :lol:

And £50k is too high probably. A reasonable sum including future add-ons will be more realistic.

Hibs did spend six figures on James Collins though. Six figures :lol:

And £50k is too high probably. A reasonable sum including future add-ons will be more realistic.

Hibs don't count because they're a collective hallucination, no team that ridiculous could be real.

Archived