Clyde Fc 2014-15

Didn't u know u have to run any opinion past the fan police first disgraceful having an opinion on a player

Interesting in most fans views we have just produced our two best performances and guess who wasn't playing ?

Nah, im not having that. As DW points out, plenty of fight and hunger was there for all to see, but to only breach that defence twice, using almost the same tactic, whilst the man who often provides 3-5 absolute beliting crosses a game was not available, does not equate to a best performance of the season. Im not too happy about the reasons myself, but what you gonna do....fire him and allow another club to snap.him up?? Whats done is done. Imo we might have won the tie if he were available, anyone who thinks he would not have improved the side in either leg needs their head examining.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ferguson is a good player on his day. But he's still only 19, and has a lot to learn. We play a system with two wingers who try and beat men and deliver into the box, McColm does it it consistently every week and puts in some fantastic crosses as well as being a very strong runner with the ball, hence why he's our top assister. Ferguson by all means has the potential to become a fantastic player, but he is a while away from reaching his peak. As for Barclay, wonderful shot stopper and has kept us in a lot of games this season, although his all round game lacks for me. How often do you see him coming and collecting cross balls ? His starting position has to be questioned and he is very reluctant to staying in his six yard box and relying to much on his centre half. Far to often we see the ball coming over the top of our defence, meaning defenders being put under pressure by attackers to see the ball out of play for a goal kick, and in the meantime Barclay is rooted to the spot. I suppose it is nit picking to some extent but I expect better from a professional.

Ferguson is a good player on his day. But he's still only 19, and has a lot to learn. We play a system with two wingers who try and beat men and deliver into the box, McColm does it it consistently every week and puts in some fantastic crosses as well as being a very strong runner with the ball, hence why he's our top assister. Ferguson by all means has the potential to become a fantastic player, but he is a while away from reaching his peak. As for Barclay, wonderful shot stopper and has kept us in a lot of games this season, although his all round game lacks for me. How often do you see him coming and collecting cross balls ? His starting position has to be questioned and he is very reluctant to staying in his six yard box and relying to much on his centre half. Far to often we see the ball coming over the top of our defence, meaning defenders being put under pressure by attackers to see the ball out of play for a goal kick, and in the meantime Barclay is rooted to the spot. I suppose it is nit picking to some extent but I expect better from a professional.

We would have been out of the tie last Wednesday if not for his saves, and indeed EF were in but another great save at the death stopped them from winning it in normal time. Barclay is crucial to us and is worth a good few points a season, considering we don't score that many and losing Stef and Kieran means we are alreadying severely lacking in that department.

No time to panic yet as there will be a lot of players available to come in and replace. I'm expecting us to attract a better caliber now that we have shown to have done better on the pitch as well as off it. Having Duffy is a massive advantage to us in bringing decent players to the club - I fear things would be taken apart if he was offered a good role elsewhere.

We would have been out of the tie last Wednesday if not for his saves, and indeed EF were in but another great save at the death stopped them from winning it in normal time. Barclay is crucial to us and is worth a good few points a season, considering we don't score that many and losing Stef and Kieran means we are alreadying severely lacking in that department.

No time to panic yet as there will be a lot of players available to come in and replace. I'm expecting us to attract a better caliber now that we have shown to have done better on the pitch as well as off it. Having Duffy is a massive advantage to us in bringing decent players to the club - I fear things would be taken apart if he was offered a good role elsewhere.

I did say he kept us in a lot of games and is a great shot-stopper.

McColm 4 goals and 11 assists

Ferguson 9 goals and 10 assists

From three starts less.

McColm 4 goals and 11 assists

Ferguson 9 goals and 10 assists

From three starts less.

How dare you compare the demi god McColm with any other Clyde player ????

McColm is not a bad player nowhere near as good as some fans would have you believe fergie, Mcdonald , barclay McCluskey Marsh mcqueen far more important players this season

All about opinions

Expect better from a professional ?

So what's your view on McColm dissappearing during the season

Stuarty on his day is unplayable and is a major asset to our squad for next season. His crossing, especially from tight positions, is frighteningly good. If only we had a finisher to put them away...

I think Ferguson could fill the "Number 10" role McCluskey had this season. He definitely has the pace and technical ability to play there, although we'd probably need to bring in another winger...infact, what's happening with Sean Fitzharris? I'd imagine if he was coming back from his loan Duffy would have him and Young as candidates for the right wing.

Good start getting these players signed up. I'd like to see us add a central midfielder, left sided player (ideally could play left back and mid), centre forward and another striker who can also play wide right. I've noticed Stenhousemuir have released a number of players who would fit those descriptions but whether they are within our budget is another matter.

See my previous post about 9 goals from 3 starts less for ferguson.

He also seldom wins a header unlike ferguson who is 6 inches smaller and avoids tackling whenever possible.

His assist could have been doubled if we had a striker who could attack the ball in the air. His delivery is second to none.

Archived