Clyde Fc 2014-15

I think Scullion will have been offered terms going by his comments to Janczyk on Twitter - I hope so or I will cry literal floods of tears.

Sad to see Janczyk go but if the travelling is too much for him then fair play to him - it's key we get in adequate replacements for McCluskey in particular; interesting times ahead.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are people's thoughts on Fergie playing the role McCluskey did? Obviously it would require bringing another winger in but I think Fergie would be decent playing a bit more centrally and he has no problem finding the net either with 10 goals from the wing

What are people's thoughts on Fergie playing the role McCluskey did? Obviously it would require bringing another winger in but I think Fergie would be decent playing a bit more centrally and he has no problem finding the net either with 10 goals from the wing

I know it was only for 10 mins or so but at Stirling when he was subbed he played their and looked a real threat running at their defenders. It was the same with McColm at berwick when we were down to 10 men.

So that leaves us with:

GK: Jamie Barclay, Nikola Rajovic

DEF: Fraser McGhee, David Marsh, Brian McQueen, Ross McKinnon, Ryan Frances, Iain Gray,

MID: Scott Ferguson, John Sweeney, Pat Scullion, Giuesppe Capuano, Stuart McColm,

FWD: Mick Daly, Kevin Watt, Gordon Young

Left/Released: Neil Jacznyk, Stef McCluskey, Kieran MacDonald, Ryan MacBeth, Bradley Coyne, Kieran McGachie, Grant Dickie, Gary Graham

Barclay

McGhee, Marsh, McQueen, McKinnon

Ferguson, Sweeney, Capuano, McColm

Scullion

Daly

subs; Rajovic, Gray, Frances, Watt, Young.

Obviously a few key players need to be added but it's not a bad start.

Big blow losing Stef & Macdonald, with the former harder to replace. I think Fergie could fill the number 10 position, but that leaves us horribly lacking on right midfield side.

Pleased McKinnon & Frances have signed up, and also Young has a very bright future, although im not sure in what position just yet.

Personally feel that to improve upon a good season we needed to retain the core, and improve the squad players. Re-signing Watt, Gray, Capuano and especially Scullion does not suggest we will take massive strides forward.

Of course 3/4 signings of a better quality than those above may change my mind, but settling for continuity and with the other teams no doubt improving from last season - namely Berwick and Rovers, then the surprise element we had may be lost by fielding 3/4 of the team that played last season.

We wont be last with this squad but at the moment I feel we may have slipped down the pecking order a place or 2.

I would use the money from the 7 players departing to bring in 3/4 top league 2 level players, rather than buying like for like shite to replace them with. I would like to see another batch of youngsters coming through next season, our youth has been coming along great recently. I wonder if we will see more of Jack Currie next year, played the second half against Berwick in the 3-3 game. He had a quiet game but he is a big lad and maybe the type of player we need to come of the bench at times and hassle defenders. Good to see JD retaining players so quickly.

Will wait to see who we bring in but based on the squad so far we will be struggling to make the play offs. We have lost well over 20 goals/assists with McCluskey and MacDonald leaving.

I think McCluskey and McDonald should have stayed for another season there only 23 and 20 but happy to resign Watt, Capuano, Gray, McKinnon and I guess Scullians not all bad, also disappointed in Neil not signing but not his fault.

He obviously doesn't rate McColm and would like him to go instead of Fergie.

Totally out of order as McColm has been one of our best players this year.

Correct -don't rate him.

How it is out of order to have an opinion on a player is beyond me. The day you can't have an opinion we can switch the floodlights off and go shopping on a Saturday.

Slightly disappointed we've resigned Gray and Scullion, as neither of them has enough good games for my liking. Happy with the other players we're keeping on, though a little confused by Duffy choosing to keep Capuano. Ever since he signed Janczyk, Capuano has barely got a game, and though Janczyk is leaving seems odd to keep a player you've overlooked for 5 months.

It does make a nice change though, knowing who's been release, who's chosen to leave and who's staying, less than a week after the season finishing. In previous years, you could reach August and still not really know what happened to some players.

Correct -don't rate him.

How it is out of order to have an opinion on a player is beyond me. The day you can't have an opinion we can switch the floodlights off and go shopping on a Saturday.

Didn't u know u have to run any opinion past the fan police first disgraceful having an opinion on a player

Interesting in most fans views we have just produced our two best performances and guess who wasn't playing ?

I don't think either of those games was our best performance at all. Plenty of fight but not as much quality as other games.

Agree, we have played much better during the season. McColm was missed, he is inconsistent like the majority of the squad but he does get the team up the field and gets the ball in the box.

Archived