Clyde Fc 2014-15

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doubt it, we signed him half way through last season from Motherwell

We signed him at the start of last season, not that it matters either way. If we've offered him a contract equivalent/better than his current deal then we'll be due compensation. I'd imagine it'd be similar to whatever we got for the likes of McCusker and Gallagher when they moved on.

Ah :lol:Still, you're not a professional athlete (I assume) so I fail to see where irony comes into it

No not a professional athlete, but as long as the "banter" is directed at me and not at any of my kids, which it has been on other mediums, then I'm fine.

Now imagine if I was a ginger!!!!!

What's everyone's problem with Iain Gray ?

Has regressed as a player greatly over the last two seasons. Doesn't even bother looking for a pass to a team-mate and always just lumps it; the difference between him and MacDonald/McGhee's short and long passing is staggering.

I would keep Iain Gray. Solid enough player, versatile and 9/10 has a steady game. I agree his form has dipped in the past couple of seasons but stll think he is a good option. He seems to be the one of the players who will never please clyde fans

Him or McColm commit a "deemed" mistake in a clyde fans eye and they are the worst player on the planet.

Viva Iain Gray 8)

Has regressed as a player greatly over the last two seasons. Doesn't even bother looking for a pass to a team-mate and always just lumps it; the difference between him and MacDonald/McGhee's short and long passing is staggering.

Can't really remember him making many mistakes this year. I find him very consistent.

I would keep Iain Gray. Solid enough player, versatile and 9/10 has a steady game. I agree his form has dipped in the past couple of seasons but stll think he is a good option. He seems to be the one of the players who will never please clyde fans

Him or McColm commit a "deemed" mistake in a clyde fans eye and they are the worst player on the planet.

Viva Iain Gray 8)

110% agree with that.

I'd definitely keep Gray, a solid player and his versatility is a good asset to have - good player to have come on towards the end of a game when closing it out, too. As stated before I think Scullion's time is up, while I doubt Graham is worth keeping on. I'd punt McGachie and MacBeth too, keeping Janczyk and McKinnon. MacDonald and McCluskey look to be off but if McKinnon can shed some poundage over the pre-season the former won't be too greatly missed - he hasn't been very consistent lately and McKinnon is a far better defender but his attacking impact will be a loss. McCluskey would be tough to replace; leaves us in a bit of a quandary - do we go for a more clinical striker or someone similar, given our play has relied on his finding little pockets of space between the lines and out wide? Undecided on Capuano and Watt at the moment - Capuano can blow hot and cold and Watt is much the same. Haven't really seen anything of Coyne so would give him a pre-season to try and win a deal. Hopefully we'll be able to attract some good players over the summer!

What my goal for next year is to finish in the play-offs and beat QP 4 times, then I will be happy.

We were absolutely rank last season; our worst season since 1867 and you could only beat us twice in the four games. We won't be anywhere near as bad, so expect normal service to be resumed - four wins at a canter for the resurgent QP.

All this bouncing good spirits from the Bully Wees is quite charming in a kiddy-with-a-cute-puppy kinda way. Reality check - bottom, ninth, ninth and fourth in the past four years.

We were absolutely rank last season; our worst season since 1867 and you could only beat us twice in the four games. We won't be anywhere near as bad, so expect normal service to be resumed - four wins at a canter for the resurgent QP.

All this bouncing good spirits from the Bully Wees is quite charming in a kiddy-with-a-cute-puppy kinda way. Reality check - bottom, ninth, ninth and fourth in the past four years.

:lol:

Enjoy your relegation dog fight, buster.

Can't really remember him making many mistakes this year. I find him very consistent.

Well, if by making mistakes you mean gifting the opposition the ball in our box you're probably right. However, in every game he makes an inexcusable number of errors, with the aforementioned inability to retain possession top of the list.

Put it another way; can you remember him contributing anything positive? There's a noticeable increase in the number of crosses into the box when he plays, he doesn't react quickly enough to balls over his head, he has a really poor first touch and he doesn't cross the halfway line. The only strength he has is being competitive in one-to-one physical battles.

I actually had him as our PotY a couple of years ago but keeping him for versatility is naive at best. Versatility is only an attribute if you're actually good in one position.

Archived