Clyde Fc 2014-15

Apparently Ian Thomson and Ross O'Donoghue both released from Shire, 2 players proven in this division. Wonder if either of them would be worth a punt.

Thomson's based in Edinburgh, can't see him up for that move in honesty. Think if we're interested he'll be back with us but if not he lives a few minutes from Spartans training ground, they'd offer him a good deal and they'll captain him to their historic victory over Montrose as they get punted out the league.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as it truly, truly crushes me to say this, it's time for Patrick Scullion to go. A cult hero; his legacy will live long in the minds of Clyde supporters. From his diving header against Stranraer to his penalty rebound against Elgin soon after, his Ronaldo-esque lob against the Shire to his gargantuan header against Montrose, he's given me many memories for which I am indebted to him. But he's too immobile to play at centre back, too cumbersome to play in central midfield to the level we should be striving for and his jumping seems to have deteriorated greatly in the past season, effectively delivering the final hammerblow to his hopes of staying. If you see this, Patrick, it doesn't mean I don't love you. By God, I do. But it's time for you to go now; to move on to pastures new. Thank you for your service, you gallant, beautiful man.

Barry Russell - best left back in the league 110% everygame loves a tackle and will put his head in were it hurts can be reckless at times but tht is jst his commitment to the cause still in shock hes been let go by Albion

Peter Innes - great central midfielder good on the ball, great eye 4 a pass doesnt mind taking ball under pressure, loves getting stuck in like Barry ... All depends on how fit he gets himself over the summer but with a good pre season in him he would be a great addition.

Gary Phillips - great attacking left mid, can beat a man and put a great ball in always works 100% going foward and back, can be inconsistant but if he wasnt he woodnt be playing in this league.

Champions League awaits after being released by Albion Rovers for these world beaters.

Apparently Ian Thomson and Ross O'Donoghue both released from Shire, 2 players proven in this division. Wonder if either of them would be worth a punt.

Yeah they both been released apparently Thomson only found out via the shire website. Can't say I remember either of them from the games against shire. Same with 3 being mentioned from Albion Rovers although Rovers have looked pretty decent against us this season surprised they were nowhere near the play offs.

Yeah they both been released apparently Thomson only found out via the shire website. Can't say I remember either of them from the games against shire. Same with 3 being mentioned from Albion Rovers although Rovers have looked pretty decent against us this season surprised they were nowhere near the play offs.

Russell and Phillips were regulars every week 4 rovers Innes started season well before getting knocked down and breaking leg and dislocating his elbow

For the first time in years we're in a position of strength. No place for sentimentality or irrational decisions; we need to take advantage of the strong core we already have signed up and look to add better quality. The absolute priority is a mobile, passing midfielder. Janczyk and Capuano both have their strengths but that's where we should be making our big signing of the summer. Especially if MacDonald goes (and I think he would benefit greatly from going full-time), I don't see us finding a similar player, so we'll need to carry more of a threat centrally. Another centre forward who can lead the line on their own and is perhaps more mobile than Daly would be next. Not necessarily a replacement but someone who, unlike Watt, has a clear attribute to worry defenders. We also need to either retain McCluskey or find another player who will fill what has arguably been the most important role in our team this season. His touch would probably put off suiters at Championship level but I could see a League One team having a punt on him. I don't think he's had enough credit this campaign and I can guarantee he'd be a big loss. Gray, Watt, Scullion, Coyne, MacBeth all don't fit into the way we've been played over the last season. Either Capuano or Janczyk can go as well.

This.

Would get McKinnon signed up, but would say ta Ta to, Capuano, Gray, Watt, coyne, fitzharris, Macbeth & scullion. Jancyz would need to lose a lot of weight to be worthy of a new deal. McKinnon is heavy as well, but is far more mobile. Think it's just lazy that a professional footballer can let themselves get as out of shape.

Gary Graham May be worth another look, Daw can Daw one - he's pants!

As David W. says, a passing mobile centre mid is what's needed, although I'd be more worried about replacing Stefan in number 10 role, as his ability to get us up the park has been invaluable.

How well we do next season will be determined by who is or isn't brought in to these positions in particular.

Delighted we are in such a strong position squad wise and I'm hoping the players Jim and Chic want for next year from the current crop are eager to stay and challenge for promotion next year once again. I'd offer terms to Stef (again...), Mckinnon and Janczyk and perhaps invite Coyne to pre-season. The rest can be replaced imo and bringing in some fresh faces will do the current crop a wonder of good and im looking forward to seeing who we bring in this summer.

Times are looking positive on and off the pitch once again and it's a great feeling. I'd be delighted with play-offs once again next year but hoping we have a good summer training and personel wise and can maybe do it the easy way!

Jancyz would need to lose a lot of weight to be worthy of a new deal. McKinnon is heavy as well, but is far more mobile. Think it's just lazy that a professional footballer can let themselves get as out of shape.

:lol:

oh, the irony

I don't know what you're on about, but I agree with c4l. Pro footballers should not have a paunch like Neil Janczyk has. He does seem a bit more trim than he was when he first signed, but he's still got a wee bit to go by the looks of it

Never one to assume, but I believe he'd be referring to my big boned ness

Archived