Clyde Fc 2014-15

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The club have made no secret of their contempt for the people of Cumbernauld. I've no idea why anyone from Cumbernauld would continue to support them. Clyde move back to Glasgow you get your team back. Colts move into Broadwood and get a team that represents the town proudly.

I must have missed that statement from the club showing their "contempt" for the people of Cumbernauld.

You've a brass neck on you, geezer. Just a question, but in what way do celtic represent you, in a way which Clyde did not?? Having your area 'represented' doesn't seem to matter much when buggering off to Kerrydale Street when you fancy it. It's not a 'local team' thing....for whatever reason i support them, they don't exist to provide the likes of you with a handy alibi for when you're real team is doing shite only to act all Outraged from Cumbernauld when the club act upon shite times. I'll be taking my seat home with me from the last match, whenever it is, i shouldn't think the Colts will need it if all their support consists of is chameleon cheerleaders.

You've a brass neck on you, geezer. Just a question, but in what way do celtic represent you, in a way which Clyde did not?? Having your area 'represented' doesn't seem to matter much when buggering off to Kerrydale Street when you fancy it. It's not a 'local team' thing....for whatever reason i support them, they don't exist to provide the likes of you with a handy alibi for when you're real team is doing shite only to act all Outraged from Cumbernauld when the club act upon shite times. I'll be taking my seat home with me from the last match, whenever it is, i shouldn't think the Colts will need it if all their support consists of is chameleon cheerleaders.

Cumbernauld never had a senior team when I was growing up so I went to watch Celtic as they were the closest team apart from Airdrie and AR. My dad took me to watch Celtic. Not rocket science Shaggro

I never asked for a potted history, as it's none of my business. I asked about the word 'represent', and what that equates to you in regard of wherever you get your kicks, football-wise. Cumbernauld got a team with a history. Many loyal and knowledgable fans from Cumbernauld continue to embrace this, and wish to be part of it. That choice is equally open to you to decide otherwise. Clyde were seemingly never an attraction to you, watching football.in a relatively non-threatening and comparitively unchallengable atmosphere to where you choose to usually watch it was really the only appeal. Much like the same garbage i hear trotted out about OF fans not wanting their kids to get involved in it, yet happy to go along with it anyway. Again, its all about choice....the club are entitled to one as well.

I never asked for a potted history, as it's none of my business. I asked about the word 'represent', and what that equates to you in regard of wherever you get your kicks, football-wise. Cumbernauld got a team with a history. Many loyal and knowledgable fans from Cumbernauld continue to embrace this, and wish to be part of it. That choice is equally open to you to decide otherwise. Clyde were seemingly never an attraction to you, watching football.in a relatively non-threatening and comparitively unchallengable atmosphere to where you choose to usually watch it was really the only appeal. Much like the same garbage i hear trotted out about OF fans not wanting their kids to get involved in it, yet happy to go along with it anyway. Again, its all about choice....the club are entitled to one as well.

Fair enough

The club have made no secret of their contempt for the people of Cumbernauld. I've no idea why anyone from Cumbernauld would continue to support them. Clyde move back to Glasgow you get your team back. Colts move into Broadwood and get a team that represents the town proudly.

Clyde contempt for cumbernauld ?

looks like the old celtic paranoia has got a hold of you :)

They have made no secret of their desire to leave the town issuing statements "Cumbernauld has never felt like home" and others like that

Think your stretching the truth a bit with comments like the above. There have been statements saying it hasn't worked out in Cumbernauld but not anything really negative about the people of Cumbernauld.

Let's face they could come out with a comment saying everyone in Cumbernauld is a c**t and it would barely register such as lack of interest in Clyde these days.

The chance to move to a new town into a purpose built stadium was a pretty big opportunity. The fact that we have got 20 years up the road and the only viable option for the club is to bail out is a sad state of affairs.

In my opinion the club could have done more to build links with the community in cumbernauld and to make the new fans gained feel valued. As it is the majority of our younger fans are cumbernauld based and the message over the last few years has been pretty much we don't need you.

I just hope the same mistakes aren't made again and the club can look to settle and build long term roots. Cumbernauld should have been that opportunity. . .

The chance to move to a new town into a purpose built stadium was a pretty big opportunity. The fact that we have got 20 years up the road and the only viable option for the club is to bail out is a sad state of affairs.

In my opinion the club could have done more to build links with the community in cumbernauld and to make the new fans gained feel valued. As it is the majority of our younger fans are cumbernauld based and the message over the last few years has been pretty much we don't need you.

I just hope the same mistakes aren't made again and the club can look to settle and build long term roots. Cumbernauld should have been that opportunity. . .

All subjective points, but it'd be wrong to just blame the club for everything that has gone wrong. It's been a long-winded process, the club would probably never have considered the possibility of moving again if we had remained in D1. Broadwood, obviously, represented our only hope of ever getting promoted, and the fact our entire yearly budget was often decided by what came through the away turnstiles, rightly or wrongly, was just another choice someone somewhere had to make. Livingston are hardly counting the blessings of their community rallying behind them with every passing crisis, yet adopted the town name instantly. In fact, given most clubs are generally named after a place, there's not many who can rely 100% on their 'community' suporting them. Clyde did try. Several times. As for feeling valued, only the tartan-rug and club-tie mobs get such respect. Everyone of the rest of us is as and always has been an inconvenience.

positioning of the stadium didnt help as usual with new built stadium its a souless entity , built in the middle of nowhwere with piss poor public transport

as for apportioning blame ? probably a bit of both club and community ,both never seemed to gel ,the absolutely abissmal boards we have had didnt help and the council its self didnt really see it as a focal point for the community in terms of football ,maybe now when we leave it can turn into a hub for youth football in the cumbernauld community who knows. But I do know one thing there isnt a hope in hell of a professional club playing out of cumbernauld finances and crowds will didctate that . Yeah they can apply for the lowland league , but at this present moment they are going to have to find an extra 60k per year just to maintain the status quo at broadwood (our rent money ) add on revenues from catering and the repairs we have done off our own back (reapiring seats etc ) wouldnt be suprised if the knowed down (sold ) two of the stands and simply kept the main stand.

positioning of the stadium didnt help as usual with new built stadium its a souless entity , built in the middle of nowhwere with piss poor public transport

as for apportioning blame ? probably a bit of both club and community ,both never seemed to gel ,the absolutely abissmal boards we have had didnt help and the council its self didnt really see it as a focal point for the community in terms of football ,maybe now when we leave it can turn into a hub for youth football in the cumbernauld community who knows. But I do know one thing there isnt a hope in hell of a professional club playing out of cumbernauld finances and crowds will didctate that . Yeah they can apply for the lowland league , but at this present moment they are going to have to find an extra 60k per year just to maintain the status quo at broadwood (our rent money ) add on revenues from catering and the repairs we have done off our own back (reapiring seats etc ) wouldnt be suprised if the knowed down (sold ) two of the stands and simply kept the main stand.

Clyde pay £30k a year rent

Now who's splitting hairs. We picked up from outside Broadwood en route to Methil last year as the soccermaws, all four of them, were getting geared up for the Colt's big match of the day. Based upon the fact that's about the interest level there is in a team with Cumbernauld in its name, the evidence that for pretty much most of the last three years we have been well and truly shown our place, and that the Colts are now numero uno la Broadwood, who would you decide to apportion blame to for Clyde in Cumbernauld's ills if suddenly your elected council find the money to significantly support this mob in senior football??? The man makes a perfectly good point.

Heard from a reliable source former Montrose, Tranmere and St. Pauli player Ian Paul Joy has been helping out with training sessions with Clyde ? what could this mean.

Absolutely no chance that Baz would allow anyone called or with a middle name of Paul on his coaching staff. I smell shoite.

Archived