Clyde Fc 2014-15

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't entirely disagree. But we are on an open forum, in which i would say posting even a '.' is an opinion. No one needs to quantify anything to anyone else. Terms like 'arses from afar' are your prerogative, if the biggest concern is how wrong those who've fucked off are for using the same platform to maintain some form of contact with a club they've become disengaged with, then maybe things ain't so bad. Where exactly does the 40 year old virgin from Vladivostok, an 'owner' on the exact same scale in plain ink as yourself, rate on the 'from afar' part, in relation to lapsed fans of 30+ years still bothering enough to post on a daft forum?? I'm sure he wasn't lifted over the gate at Shawfield during a family holiday, more likely found scouring the net at 4am in his boxers and stumbled upon us by accident. Nothing creepy about that whatsoever. And a far more deserving case for having an opinion on the club!!

Arses from afar refers to a certain American gentleman who posts more than most and almost ecstatic when we lose. It was his brilliant opinion this was the worst season in history.

I posted a stat, I didn't post my interpretation of it but here goes. For a rookie manager with a shite first half to his inaugural season he has still delivered more points than Duffy did in his first two. Given time, Duffy then gave us last seasons minor success. Miller had a rotten start and stated he had no idea how to fix it whereas Barry quickly acted to fix the situation. This to me suggests he should at least be given another season to show significant improvement.

Last years 13 point gap was the cumulative result of a building process and continuity.

As for the other seasons, John brown had a far bigger budget than others in the league and was a shambles.

Am I happy with this season? Far from it

Do I think 44 points is a disastrous return for a rookie season? No

The points you make here are fair enough.

My only comment was on the stat and I suppose I don't understand why you chose to post it unless it was to suggest there was some favourable comparison to be drawn from them. I simply don't think there is, especially as it is an arbitrary timeframe and spans three different divisions.

Arses from afar refers to a certain American gentleman who posts more than most and almost ecstatic when we lose. It was his brilliant opinion this was the worst season in history.

I think I know the very chap you're on about. In my opinion, the fact he and others like him involve themselves is probably as good and as bad as it gets in equal measure. Is it he who values having a nice, comfy, plastic seat in a rented ground based in a suburban 4x4 cul-de-sac over the name?? I honestly took the slur as being directed toward the many who post but no longer attend, either at all or very very rarely.

Boring geek stuff to prove the point:

post-36-0-27628600-1429994264_thumb.png

post-36-0-84582200-1429994910_thumb.png

Tables before and after the mid-season clear-out.

Despite shipping 3 goals to Berwick, Arbroath and Albion Rovers we've actually had the best defensive record in 2015. However only Arbroath's laughable half season has managed to score less than ourselves, highlighting, if anyone didn't realise, where our improvement has to be this summer.

The average points required for the play-offs incidentally is just under 56. Win next weekend and we'll have had a level of performance since New Year which is BETTER than the whole of last season in terms of points per game.

As a whole, the season has been disappointing. However, there's little doubt that Ferguson has improved the team massively as the campaign has proceeded.

Individually, i don't believe that to be in question. Collectively, the damage done in the first half of the season proved irrepairable. Psycholgically, the same errors came from the same players in the second half of the season as we had up until Christmas. The two chief culprits being Marsh and McQueen, who's days at centre half may be at an end, although far from their days at the club being so if as appears both are being coached in new roles. A change is as good as a rest. The double whammy of losing SF7 and Scott McLaughlin at the hands of Annan MMA probably ended up putting paid to a chance at a playoff spot, as the difference between two middle fixture v Rovers demonstrated the difference in pre and post-window performances. That Ferguson has demonstrated the kind of individuals he believes can get us out the league, and returned the positive tally since new year, should for me be the end of any questioning of him in the job. It won't be, but the stats simply do not lie.

I keep reading players don't suit the way BF wants Clyde to play, Can anyone tell me what the way BF wants to play is?

I saw them a coupe of times early in season & passed it about on ground but had no cutting edge , seen them recently and it's been launched from back to front like a scud missile.

Had a GK or a CB launching it from back over the head of another CB playing in MF onto the head of another CB playing up top. Like watching a 80's Wimbledon match.

There's some good seasoned pros like Shug Murray , O'Donnell, Parker who can all play decent football but when I've saw them it's missed a lot of them out. I really expected BF to build a good passing team. He wouldn't have stood for being bypassed as a player so I'm quite surprised.

Is it just panic percentage football because he was near bottom well into season?

Clyde have apparently signed Stirling Albion forwards Steven Doris and Gordon Smith on pre contracts.

Doris is very injury prone and will be on a high wage and has missed most of our season with different injuries. What we saw when not injured was very good. Keep him fit and he will be magic.

You will have lots of Albion fans come on here and tell you Smith is hopeless. He isn't, he is just a lazy b*****d and has has had a poor couple of seasons attitude wise. There is plenty goals in him if you get the right manager to make him work hard.

Both signings are gambles in different ways but if you get both fit and working then there is unlikely to be a better front two in the league.

Amazing when you look at the league table that 7 other sides have scored at least 10 more goals than us. Defensively we have been ok but don't score anywhere near enough goals. Hopefully the signings made over the summer increase our firepower significantly!

I don't make stuff up gav whatever I say usually comes to fruition never far of the mark and I agree lets get another 20 players in and let bf release them after couple of months what a way to go strikers on fire again yesterday obvious where problems lare but he continues to flood team with midfielders we get it baz u could play a bit in midfield what about the rest of the formation

Archived