Clyde Fc 2014-15

Nearly relegated, is it.....we're closer to third than to tenth!!! Must try harder. Some people will end up absolutely raging if the unthinkable happens. Cannae wait.

Woosh! Calm down dear, it wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barry Ferguson has retired from playing it's on the official site. Disappointing that we never saw him in a Clyde shirt bar one half against Annan. No doubt he would have been a great player for this level.

Barry Ferguson has retired from playing it's on the official site. Disappointing that we never saw him in a Clyde shirt bar one half against Annan. No doubt he would have been a great player for this level.

agree

Not unexpected, but still unfortunate. Easily the last genuinely top-class player this country's produced, and likely will for the forseeable. Perhaps now without the distraction of thinking he'll be able to step in and sort some of the mess out himself, he can pass on his vast experience in a positive manner, which hasn't always been the case. Even when i've agreed with his bollockings, i've often thought perhaps a manager shouldn't be saying/acting like that. And the season's nowhere near finished either....

Not unexpected, but still unfortunate. Easily the last genuinely top-class player this country's produced, and likely will for the forseeable. Perhaps now without the distraction of thinking he'll be able to step in and sort some of the mess out himself, he can pass on his vast experience in a positive manner, which hasn't always been the case. Even when i've agreed with his bollockings, i've often thought perhaps a manager shouldn't be saying/acting like that. And the season's nowhere near finished either....

must admit quite like his honesty for me better than the usual the boys are hurting pish and all the other clichés

Aye, agree on that point, and have appreciated the fact that he hasn't dressed up some seriously shite performances by blaming refs, saying the 'lads were unlucky', or the usual insulting pish that 95% of managers hide behind. He's just been a bit 0-100mph in five seconds (like we have) rather than measured out his reaction, and kept things in-house a bit better like the other managers we used to have who put in the hours he has. Although after the match he won't usually see them until Tuesday, so lays it on the line. That said, shouting and losing the rag so often loses its sting after about the third or fourth time, you'd think they'd take the advice from such a decorated and yet injury-plagued international-class player and do something with it....

Archived