Clyde Fc 2014-15

It's been almost a week, no answer by this stage is, in my opinion, worse than the wrong one. At least an answer you/i/we mightn't like would involve an intention, a commitment to that carrying that intention out, and informing interested parties to garner support. That's how 'directorship' works, is it not?? Just think C4L....all those AGMs. All the money you've given to the club just through the CIC alone. And nothing. Eight directors, and none could reply?? Shocking. Even i, and two others, received an audience with Gracey last month, and only one was a member. Its no longer an elephant in the boardroom, its a rat. And it reeks.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been almost a week, no answer by this stage is, in my opinion, worse than the wrong one. At least an answer you/i/we mightn't like would involve an intention, a commitment to that carrying that intention out, and informing interested parties to garner support. That's how 'directorship' works, is it not?? Just think C4L....all those AGMs. All the money you've given to the club just through the CIC alone. And nothing. Eight directors, and none could reply?? Shocking. Even i, and two others, received an audience with Gracey last month, and only one was a member. Its no longer an elephant in the boardroom, its a rat. And it reeks.

Not that you/we/I/us would accept any reason, but as far as I'm aware they have 5 working days to respond.

Not that you/we/I/us would accept any reason, but as far as I'm aware they have 5 working days to respond.

Sorry if I'm being thick here, but was this question posted physically ie by Royal Mail, or was it posted somewhere on the Internet?

If it was Royal Mail it's a bit unrealistic to expect any kind of response back via Royal Mail so you need to wind your necks in a bit, but that of course wouldn't fit with your conspiracy theories.

If it was posted on an Internet site where was it? I don't see anything on the OS or the CIC Q&As.

The answers to what you are asking are being fully discussed/explained/answered as far as I'm concerned on the OS forum.

I've said it more than once and I'll keep on saying it. If you're not in the CIC then join it and have your full say and discussion where it should be done.

If you are in it, why all the shit stirring on P&B?

I've said it more than once and I'll keep on saying it. If you're not in the CIC then join it and have your full say

There is just over 3 months until the end of the season. The current league position which is only compounded by the lack of any firm plans for the future has Clyde staring into the abyss

What the hell are you & the other 402 owners doing about it? These characters are accountable to YOU

Get on with it

Sorry if I'm being thick here, but was this question posted physically ie by Royal Mail, or was it posted somewhere on the Internet?

If it was Royal Mail it's a bit unrealistic to expect any kind of response back via Royal Mail so you need to wind your necks in a bit, but that of course wouldn't fit with your conspiracy theories.

If it was posted on an Internet site where was it? I don't see anything on the OS or the CIC Q&As.

The answers to what you are asking are being fully discussed/explained/answered as far as I'm concerned on the OS forum.

I've said it more than once and I'll keep on saying it. If you're not in the CIC then join it and have your full say and discussion where it should be done.

Would carrier pigeon not be an option???

There is just over 3 months until the end of the season. The current league position which is only compounded by the lack of any firm plans for the future has Clyde staring into the abyss

What the hell are you & the other 402 owners doing about it? These characters are accountable to YOU

Get on with it

What an absolute cop out.

Seriously.

LiviClyde - my understanding is that there is a Q&A form on the owners area but when you submit a question it vanishes into the ether until the Board post the question and answer together.

LiviClyde - my understanding is that there is a Q&A form on the owners area but when you submit a question it vanishes into the ether until the Board post the question and answer together.

That may or may not be the case, but are there any instances of questions vanishing into the ether and never reappearing, which would be worrying.

It's a Q&A facility, not a forum, so an immediate response is unlikely ever to happen and in some instances time will be needed for the Board to research discuss and react.

I think people need to keep things in perspective when we have a Board consisting of part time volunteers.

That may or may not be the case, but are there any instances of questions vanishing into the ether and never reappearing, which would be worrying.

It's a Q&A facility, not a forum, so an immediate response is unlikely ever to happen and in some instances time will be needed for the Board to research discuss and react.

I think people need to keep things in perspective when we have a Board consisting of part time volunteers.

Yes but I have seen the Q&A section. There are no Questions there without answers so it appeared likely to me the question appears once it has been answered, which as you say could take some time. I just think it is unfair to say it hasn't been asked. You'd need to ask the owners who asked questions whether they have all been answered - I didn't actually say that had happened.

What an absolute cop out.

Seriously.

You realize the irony in what you've just said Livi?

CIC is portrayed as the means by which the fans own the club, make the decisions and ensure it can't be run down by one individual. The owners already have the power to do whatever they want, eg, it only takes 41 to call for an EGM to discuss anything. It's easy for like minded owners to communicate with each other, whether via the OS forum or privately via the site. There's nothing stopping you setting up a group who can ask relevant questions and voice your concerns en masse

There's already over 400 owners who are well aware of the precarious position Clyde are in on and off the park. That's not an insignificant number. Despite that, you appear to be saying that one of the main problems lies with all those who aren't owners. Why? Are you inferring that the majority of your fellow owners are either ineffective, inactive or don't appear to think there's any problem, so you need more new owners to counteract that?

You ever thought to ask those who've never joined or didn't renew membership why that is? I've suggested that should the owners start to act in a way in line with what's been portrayed as the original purpose, it may well encourage others to join.

Or is it the case that in the event of everything going tits up, this is an early exercise in deflecting responsibility? What exactly are you asking others to join & do that you & the other 402 owners can't do yourselves?

I do acknowledge the actions of some owners in the past week putting forward the question, and if that can continue to develop and be seen as a CIC operating correctly, it's encouraging and likelier to attract other current non members to add their voices as part of it. If 5 working days goes by without a reply, a courteous reminder would be in order. If another 5 days go by, you're entitled to pull them up. The system either exists or it doesn't.

Well said. I wonder what exactly it is going to take for accountability and leadership to be called into serious question. Several sources i know of, with absolutely no personal connection other than supporting the club, are singing pretty much from the same hymn sheet on matters ranging from how the club feel about the situations, what they believe they can do, to people simply not able to hold their water regarding what should be sensitive information in comparison to a question concerning the outcome of a publicly well-documented democratic vote result. I'm not expecting an answer that will wow us with insight or future planning, as i know we simply won't get one; as BC points out, superbly, us 'outsiders' won't rock any boats which matter at board level, that much is clear. Hoping against hope that inactive/ ineffective members finally see whats going on under their nose by refusing simple answers might be the only way to get through to those clowns.

Get on with it

Going by the meetings I have attended they are probably quite happy and will continue to tell you how lucky we are to have such a great board

Ps this isn't a wind up

Well said. I wonder what exactly it is going to take for accountability and leadership to be called into serious question. Several sources i know of, with absolutely no personal connection other than supporting the club, are singing pretty much from the same hymn sheet on matters ranging from how the club feel about the situations, what they believe they can do, to people simply not able to hold their water regarding what should be sensitive information in comparison to a question concerning the outcome of a publicly well-documented democratic vote result. I'm not expecting an answer that will wow us with insight or future planning, as i know we simply won't get one; as BC points out, superbly, us 'outsiders' won't rock any boats which matter at board level, that much is clear. Hoping against hope that inactive/ ineffective members finally see whats going on under their nose by refusing simple answers might be the only way to get through to those clowns.

A number of years ago I was driving in Glasgow on the M8 & heard Davie Provan answer a question about Clyde on one of the phone-in programmes. As part of his answer he said not enough people cared about Clyde anymore. At the time I was quite annoyed, but to be honest I now understand what he meant.

After many years of failure, frustration and let down, I think people are beyond caring. It isn't meant to be this hard.It is meant to have at least some enjoyment element.

Even those attending, even those holding ownership can't be bothered to intervene, even if they had the knowledge and the confidence to do so articulately and constructively.

I will let my ownership lapse this year. What will be , will be. Shame, but there you are.

A number of years ago I was driving in Glasgow on the M8 & heard Davie Provan answer a question about Clyde on one of the phone-in programmes. As part of his answer he said not enough people cared about Clyde anymore. At the time I was quite annoyed, but to be honest I now understand what he meant.

After many years of failure, frustration and let down, I think people are beyond caring. It isn't meant to be this hard.It is meant to have at least some enjoyment element.

Even those attending, even those holding ownership can't be bothered to intervene, even if they had the knowledge and the confidence to do so articulately and constructively.

I will let my ownership lapse this year. What will be , will be. Shame, but there you are.

Firstly D Provan knows nothing about Clyde FC or in fact outwith the OF but his statement/guess at the time now seems to be right but perhaps not at the time ??!

My view... I thought clyde supporters were wee bit different when i was growing up & results were important but not a reason to walk away,Many of my friends no longer go & its their choice o course i just think the absence of many diehards and posts like this confirm my text talk last nght to a famous postie that were fast becoming the Clydebank that died & we.ll probably have the same 15/20 bodies outside hampden waiting on the dreaded news

Very sad fact but YOUR right no-one cares(Well before EK Vote aswell may i add) & thats half the problem but what do i know

I still think the CIC had been a disaster what has it really achieved ? Most fans just want to turn up and watch there team buy a season ticket , maybe sponsor a player buy lottery tickets etc I include myself in this buthread the owners model is simply a membership scheme to be able to get info from the club last season SSB proposed that the owners could put £50 quid a month (I think ) no takers there is no level if responsibilty in the CIC I still say sell the club let some external money but with the porviso the fans have a seat on the board only way we will progress is with external investment. I know fans will say look what happened last time we had an owner yeah that's true but look over Hamilton way to see what happens if you get the right guy at the helm

True CfcUk, but there's a massive difference. Clyde directors are blatantly shamelessly using the club as a vehicle for drumming up business, and believe that future potential investment (which clearly can still be bought.....O'Neill is a prime example of this...whats he ever done?) is paramount over securing the club either a home or a future. At Accies, the succesful club is the front for pretty much the same thing, but would never be allowed to slide away to nothing whilst parasites peck at the fans' arse, hence why its self-sustainable....the very model R MacD outlined back in 1998. It never was ever going to be implemented at Clyde, as the names and faces change, but its still the same Del.Boy and Rodders bunch of petty small-time crooks and fraudsters dragging the club from one catastrophe to the next. Wake the f**k up, people.

True CfcUk, but there's a massive difference. Clyde directors are blatantly shamelessly using the club as a vehicle for drumming up business, and believe that future potential investment (which clearly can still be bought.....O'Neill is a prime example of this...whats he ever done?) is paramount over securing the club either a home or a future. At Accies, the succesful club is the front for pretty much the same thing, but would never be allowed to slide away to nothing whilst parasites peck at the fans' arse, hence why its self-sustainable....the very model R MacD outlined back in 1998. It never was ever going to be implemented at Clyde, as the names and faces change, but its still the same Del.Boy and Rodders bunch of petty small-time crooks and fraudsters dragging the club from one catastrophe to the next. Wake the f**k up, people.

Going by that rant you're definately the one who's asleep

Go on.....what part isn't true??? Would you be lining up to do business with individuals who drive customers away, alienate their own catchment area, threaten and publicly shirrick landlords with no cast iron base to work from in place, and ignore the ones who see past all that?? SLW is absolutely spot on. Its not meant to be this hard. Nothing is.

Go on.....what part isn't true??? Would you be lining up to do business with individuals who drive customers away, alienate their own catchment area, threaten and publicly shirrick landlords with no cast iron base to work from in place, and ignore the ones who see past all that?? SLW is absolutely spot on. Its not meant to be this hard. Nothing is.

Petty small time crooks and fraudsters.

Archived