Bear Grylls - The Island

1320Lichtie

The ending to the womens island was hilarious. They've struggled for 5 and a half weeks on no food and water then for the last 3 days they built a shelter, bed and caught plenty of food. When Bear came into camp its as if they had lived the life of luxury for their entire stay.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally got round to watching the last episode of the mens island. Cracking show. They lost 30 something stone between them. Wtf.

Loved that when they saw the pig they caught it and killed it instantly rather than keeping it as a pet.

• 10 months later...

Hopefully this series will be as good as the last.

Men were dropped a hell of a lot further away from the main beach than the women. But being held back by the greeting guy was embarrassing. 

Even more embarrassing tho was the camera woman who packed it in after day 1. She applied to go on the show, she must've known there would be wilderness and sleeping rough. She's taken the place of someone who would've done something. 

Wonder how long they'll drink the shitty water before realising.

Doctor lassie is no bad  :wub:  

Hopefully this series will be as good as the last.

Men were dropped a hell of a lot further away from the main beach than the women. But being held back by the greeting guy was embarrassing. 

Even more embarrassing tho was the camera woman who packed it in after day 1. She applied to go on the show, she must've known there would be wilderness and sleeping rough. She's taken the place of someone who would've done something. 

Wonder how long they'll drink the shitty water before realising.

Doctor lassie is no bad  :wub:  

Thankfully she's being replaced as she is a camera woman so not a total waste of space.  Pretty pathetic though that she quit before they had even really got the camp set up.

Crying as soon as you get on the island was even worse though.  Get a grip and help out.

I don't get why the men immediately started walking into the mainland of the island.  Would you not want to try and stay close to the coast as you head round? 

I don't get why the men immediately started walking into the mainland of the island.  Would you not want to try and stay close to the coast as you head round? 

This was one of my bug bears last series. You are looking for a beach, so go round the outside, keep the sea in view and you won't get lost. 

This was one of my bug bears last series. You are looking for a beach, so go round the outside, keep the sea in view and you won't get lost. 

Delighted it's not just me that thought that - my girlfriend was sick of me going on about it!

Shame to see Hannah leaving. It seemed like she was the one to have the boys under control. With Erica losing the plot with them it's going to spiral into a power struggle, ultimately Simon or Erica will lose out. The lesser ranks will work together and the rest of the series will fall into a shag fest. Except the lassie doctor. And the guy with the girlfriend. And Simon.

Had a feeling Hannah would be bailing. She was getting an awful lot of airtime and the Lightning bit seemed very staged (camera constantly on her during the whole storm).

Tbh I was getting a bit hacked of with constantly hearing about her so glad she's away. Let's concentrate on some of the others now.

Had a feeling Hannah would be bailing. She was getting an awful lot of airtime and the Lightning bit seemed very staged (camera constantly on her during the whole storm).

Tbh I was getting a bit hacked of with constantly hearing about her so glad she's away. Let's concentrate on some of the others now.

Shame to see her leave but like you I'm delighted that it won't all be about her now. A brunette girl came on afterwards saying how sad she was that she had left and I had to ask my girlfriend if she'd been on screen before :lol:

That Simon guy is a total arsehole but is excellent TV. 

The Simon guy is indeed a p***k made himself look a right tool when he couldn't get 1 bed made.

That erica woman tho, despite how nice a set she may have had back in the day is a bit of an arse. She's all nup! no doing it i'm going fishing. Then proceeds to not go fishing and make a bed instead. She'll be fighting with the men regardless of what they bring to the camp.

Shame Hannah is away as she just was getting on with things.

Doctor lassie is indeed fine :wub:   

Archived