Bear Grylls - The Island

1320Lichtie

23 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

How long are they on for? Normally 6 weeks but would expect celebs to be a shorter stint.

Seemed a bit poor that producers gave them 48 hours water instead of normal series 24 hours.

Scouting party of 3 folk to find water turned into 7 because they didn't want to sit around. Low and behold they've only brought enough water for the 3, they run out and have to radio in the rescue team. idiots.

I wasn't really watching properly, do they have a finite amount of times that they can call in a 'rescue'?  They've played that card twice already.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

I wasn't really watching properly, do they have a finite amount of times that they can call in a 'rescue'?  They've played that card twice already.

No idea but they're no doing very well anyway. The second time they were basically told where to go. Next time cameras on, "oh there's the beach" and "oh the waters right next to it." 

Really enjoy this show but it's frustrating seeing people be so stupid at times.

12 hours ago, PrestersKTID said:

The finger hook situation was horrific but more annoying was Tom (guy desperate for food) bypasses the turkey to get the doctor. Then leaves for being too drained.

That wasn't Tom that was the camera man.

Best laugh of the episode was the Yucca find, the massive excitement as they boiled it up, followed by the 'it's wood'. Eejits.

• 6 months later...

Quite enjoyed the opening episode.  Knew the whole time that that smug arsehole on the young team would be the one to start the fire.

I commented to Mrs Minertaur that the woman on the young team have done nothing. You never saw them try to start a fire or chopping wood. Just yoga and going for a swim.

Wouldn't even say there was a good looking one :(

It's on again tonight.

Will need to start watching this again. Ver' near pished myself last year when one group put their bottles out by the shore to catch the rain water...except it was a tropical storm rolling in and swept their bottles away overnight [emoji23]

This is great. The guy shiteing himself whilst sleeping next to the lassie he really fancied was a particular highlight.

I started the US one right after it finished tonight and on episode 4 already. Very enjoyable.

9 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

someone cutting the end off their finger next week looks interesting.

Aye looked like it was Frank who did that.  I expect he'll be away as they tend to only show the home lives of the people who leave quickly.  Freddy for example.

9 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I'd tell the group to get to f**k bunch of fucking weapons.

Ruined his life experience because he'd been a w**k a few times.

One of the girls was moaning about the guy walking around naked when in the 1st episode she was off skinny dipping herself?   I get why they were annoyed with him for that but if they had just told the guy not to do it again then it probably wouldn't have been a problem.

Then at the end when he was saying a wee speech and saying goodbye the older wifie just pisses off - you got the guy kicked off but don't even have the decency to see him off.  Hope she is away soon.

I get that the guy was a fud for using the cooking oil and was also a fud for hogging the fire but to chuck him off was pish from them. He's still got a right to finish the challenge. Police woman is a right nippy sweetie.

14 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

I get that the guy was a fud for using the cooking oil and was also a fud for hogging the fire but to chuck him off was pish from them. He's still got a right to finish the challenge. Police woman is a right nippy sweetie.

Agreed.  I'd be more pissed off with the police woman for stirring up trouble when we've seen her do f**k all so far.

One of the girls was moaning about the guy walking around naked when in the 1st episode she was off skinny dipping herself?   I get why they were annoyed with him for that but if they had just told the guy not to do it again then it probably wouldn't have been a problem.

Then at the end when he was saying a wee speech and saying goodbye the older wifie just pisses off - you got the guy kicked off but don't even have the decency to see him off.  Hope she is away soon.

The two tidies were jumping about the sea naked.

On 5/3/2017 at 09:40, The Minertaur said:

Agreed.  I'd be more pissed off with the police woman for stirring up trouble when we've seen her do f**k all so far.

And another week where the police woman gets on my nerves.  She got one guy kicked off and last night her and her pal decide to set up their own camp.  They last less than a day :lol:

Archived