Partick Thistle General Chatter: 2014/15

Saw this earlier and wondered what I was missing, glad to see it's not just me.

No harm to anyone wanting to write a book about the Jags but:

£25k- fairly certain publication costs aren't anywhere near that ballpark in this day and age.

That season was 2 years ago, the moment is pretty much gone, and all the goals are on youtube.

There are plenty of labour of love guys like Stuart Deans with his history site and Billy (aka The Jukebox Rebel) who posts all the stats on WAT that do it for hee haw which shows this guy's attempt to make a few shekels is a bit ill advised.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw this earlier and wondered what I was missing, glad to see it's not just me.

No harm to anyone wanting to write a book about the Jags but:

£25k- fairly certain publication costs aren't anywhere near that ballpark in this day and age.

That season was 2 years ago, the moment is pretty much gone, and all the goals are on youtube.

There are plenty of labour of love guys like Stuart Deans with his history site and Billy (aka The Jukebox Rebel) who posts all the stats on WAT that do it for hee haw which shows this guy's attempt to make a few shekels is a bit ill advised.

the goals were also on a DVD as well. Seen his last post on WAT admitting he has went about it the wrong way and will revise his costs and page.

TBH wouldn't have minded a DVD being released of this season while there was a few shockers game wise there has been some crackers as well

I'd like to take out a half page advert in the programme for the Kilmarnock game for my business. Please go to my crowdfunding page so I can raise the £2,500,000 to do so, please.

I'd like to speak to you about a wee project in the Middle East that involves a caliphate if you have a few minutes.

A better use for that crowd funding would be for a flag for the NS. Advertise it over the summer on the forum and Thistle fan pages and get it made and ready for next season. It also wouldn't cost 20 thousand fucking pound.

How much do proper big flags like that cost? That IS something I would contribute towards if someone made a poll somewhere for what could be on it etc etc.

Think my choice would be the landing of Jean-Yves Anis spectacular overhead kick vs Livingston

Edited to add: (It was pretty much a replica from the Ladbrokes advert)

You can 'self publish' a kindle book for about £250.

I thought about writing a book about the same season and got about 150 words into it before life got in the way.

PM me your bank details and I can start again. :-)

PS Given I've had to edit this long post twice perhaps you shouldn't bother giving me your bank details!

Mildly interesting stat table

Points won from going behind in matches this season.

8)

DODGY STATISTICS ALERT!

Without wanting to sound too negative, does that not suggest that we tend to go behind in games more often than the other teams?

If you never go behind in a game, you can't win points from going behind.

Archived