Partick Thistle General Chatter: 2014/15

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New catering the highlight of survival.

Agreed. Hope we get a KFC or something. Have a bucket at half-time would be sound.

Good interview with Beattie. I know a lot of people haven't been happy with the way him and others in the club have done some things (i.e. the Celtic tickets) but he always come across very well and he's done an excellent job as chairman, I don't think it's much of coincidence that we've improved on the pitch some him and few others have replaced the utter mongs we had before.

Looks like the extra money we will get from not finishing 11th will go straight to Archie. Woop woop.

Really looking forward to the pre season now. Hopefully sign loanees apart from moncur. Don't think Archie should rush into any signings although defensive signings is a must. I think we Must ensure we have cover at back before making any further signings. Especially as it looks sinky is off unfortunately. Fox to regain number 1 on Saturday and through to start of next season.

interview with Beattie. I know a lot of people haven't been happy with the way him and others in the club have done some things (i.e. the Celtic tickets) but he always come across very well and he's done an excellent job as chairman, I don't think it's much of coincidence that we've improved on the pitch some him and few others have replaced the utter mongs we had before.

I think the Celtic tickets issue is the only real black mark he has against his name. Bar that he's done a grand ol job. Unless he had something to do with TAG. That was a fucking mess.

Things like TAG and the Celtic games have been a mess, but the step from Championship to the Premiership is a big one especially for a club that's been down for 9 years. Thought Beattie came across well in the interview and admits it's been a steep learning curve for everyone and they've learnt a lot. Seems to be on top of all the finances and get's on well with Archie, he's been great for the club imo.

Big Fan of Beattie and the way he has done his job with the board and Archie. Plus a shout out has to go to the general manager Ian Maxwell as the three of them seem to have put a very good structure in place to maximize the clubs fortunes. Congrats to them all and the players on the achievements this season.

Interesting interview. Thank you for the link.

I'd be wary of taking what David said at face value when he names names. Players 'like Lyle Taylor' was the phrase I think he used.

David's right when he talks about learning. Archie will probably have a few unpleasant decisions to make and I suspect letting Osbourne go will be one of them. It's an unkind thing to say but if he's an injury liability then he's no use to the team sitting in the stands. A great shame as the man's a real star in my opinion.

I'll step right out of the Thistle fold here and say I'd like to see the club sign another keeper, one with top flight experience. Who? That's up to the manager but I fear Scott Fox's star is waning. Like Chris Erskine, a wonderful Jags player but someone whose weaknesses have been amplified in the top flight and his strengths haven't. I doubt another goalie is on Archie's list.

Another wiser head for defence is certainly needed. The back has been the most exasperating part of the team for me this season. Wiser heads don't have to be 30-plus, by the way.

I think it's safe to say ATS is away. I also suspect he'll be back at Firhill in other colours after the summer. That being the case I would hope he's in a team that's competing in Europe, though Thursday nights in some Latvian shitehole won't be that glamorous. Him showing up in ICT, Killie or Hibs colours would quite simply be a drag.

New catering!!!

Return of Pie of the Month?

Good interview.

Would hope so. The Thistle board includes two people with food and catering expertise. You'd think they'd get this one right. :unsure:

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/partick-thistle/274650-archibald-targets-five-or-six-summer-signings-for-partick-thistle/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Archie reckons we're "in the running" to sign Taylor if he comes back to Scotland. He says we're 5 or 6 players short, I'd have thought it was more than that unless he's not including some players out of contract possibly signing new deals.

We ran with a 23 man first team squad for the first part of the season then 22 (although Welsh and Osbourne were already out for the season by that stage so effectively 20) after the January window so I'd agree that at face value that 5 or 6 doesn't seem enough.

Slacker's list on the first page is 13 players but that includes Gallacher. Other possibility could be guys who are signed for next year and will then be too old for the u20s moving up to the first team squad. I've not watched a minute of the u20s this season but guessing that not many would be considered in that bracket.

I'm guessing that doesn't count out of contracts players. Would like to see Osbourne back but on a modified deal in-case he's injured again.

We need a left back, centre back and a defensive mid (assuming Osbourne is gone). We're very thin up front with only Higgy, Doolan and Craigen not out of contract or on loan, so another 3 players needed in attack. Add possibly Buaben, Erskine and Taylor and we should be sorted. Gallacher I'm almost certain will stay on as well.

It will be a much more difficult job if we can't land Taylor though, it will be difficult trying to find (and sign) another young striker who fit's into the team.

I'd try and re-sign Gallacher and Osbourne. Even if the latter's injury prone, he's still a cut above who we have. ATS is gone, but I don't think he'll be playing for a team in the same league as us, and if it is, it won't be a Killie/Hibs team. With our supposed extra money, I don't see why we wouldn't be able to offer similar wages. Lawless is gone and that's fine. I forgot he even played for us. I'd probably let Mair leave too, and even if he stays, we should still be looking for another centre-back. Elliot's not good enough.

From the loanees, I'd keep Taylor 100%. I prefer playing Doolan but having both of these guys is fantastic. I'm still undecided on Buaben and although he's now on a free transfer, I don't know if I'd make an attempt to sign him. I also don't think I'd try and sign Erskine if we're being ruthless here. Less said about Moncur the better. It's funny how the two players on loan from the EPL teams did absolutely f**k all (Mukendi, remember him? That was this season!)

Can't wait for the new catering.

To me the urgent signings need to make:

Permanent signings forTaylor and Erskine are musts on permanent deals for me, surprised theres a few saying not to bothered about Erskine. He has the ability he just needs his confidence back remember he only came here in January - I think with a decent pre season back 'home' he will be raring to go home next season.

Extended contracts for Gallacher, Balatoni, McMillan, Bannigan, Higanbotham and Doolan

The others are mainly contracted for next season anyway but I would like to see how they perform next season before giving them new contracts - Welsh, Mair, Craigne, Muirhead, O donnell etc have certainly showed glimpses but I want more evidence next season that they are definetly SPL quality

Archived