Partick Thistle General Chatter: 2014/15

Told you we'd concede late. "Operation RelegateThistle" is in full effect.

We'll lose to Dundee on Saturday too to drop into the bottom six, just so we can lose to all the sides below you.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll lose to Dundee on Saturday too to drop into the bottom six, just so we can lose to all the sides below you.

Excellent idea and initiative. Thanks.

Excellent idea and initiative. Thanks.

Oh youse :angry:

Sorry Jagfox it was more St Johnstone losing to us I was pleased about. If much rather go to a Firhill away day then eat a Wimpey in Dingwall.

Nae bather m9.

We should be okay...

As good as Motherwell and County have been in recent weeks, we're in good form ourselves. 3W D1 L1 in our last five. We probably won't win tomorrow and it does make Saturday's game an even bigger occasion, but I wouldn't be too worried just yet. Kilmarnock's game in hand is also against Celtic and they play Aberdeen at the weekend. Only three above us.

Our record against the teams below us is poor.

We need to win on Saturday. Lose and we'll probably finish 11th.

On the upside, if that is the case then Thistle goes into the split looking to beat the teams above. :)

On the plus side I think Saturday could be a very very good attendance for us. I see Motherwell got nearly 5000 for a midweek game tonight great attendance and I expect them to bring a decent crowd on Saturday and along with it being the Easter holidays we could get a decent number along

The form of the two below us can't last til the end of the season, and even if it did it would likely mean Kilmarnock still being within short reach of us as well as County and Motherwell. Still very much in our hands, and a win on Saturday will see us nearly there.

Even if the worst were to happen though I'd still consider any season where we improve on the previous season's points total a success. We'd have to be very unlucky to go down with a 40 points total.

I'm not worried yet, still 4 points ahead off 11th with a much better goal difference which could prove vital if we lose and are dragged into it with Ross County and Motherwell.

For those who want to profit from us being dragged into it you can get 17/5 on Motherwell at the weekend.

I've no idea what's happened to the league either - except Ross County and Motherwell actually realising their predicament and starting to win - but it doesn't make pretty reading now. Presuming we're not getting anything from tonight (by all means, prove me wrong Thistle), a defeat against Motherwell would put us in 10th, a point ahead going into the split. I'm assuming Ross County will pummel St Mirren, although a favour would be nice.

I know I said that the run-in last year was exciting, but I could do without it this year :(

Archived