Partick Thistle General Chatter: 2014/15

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. Some Jags fans can't move on from McNamara!. If a player wants to go to United, then fine. More money, bigger potential. Don't blame them.

I just wish you were more supportive of the players while they were still at Firhill ;)

Lol. Some Jags fans can't move on from McNamara!. If a player wants to go to United, then fine. More money, bigger potential. Don't blame them.

I don't think its anything to do with McNamara i think its more to do with Dundee united taking our players for free, we never seem to get a fee for our players whilst they are coining it in on theirs.

If we sign them up then they can have them but come with some cash so we can replace them.

That's the nature of Scottish football though. Very few teams can afford any transfer fees for top league players so simply wait to sign them on pre contract agreements. You can't really blame United in what they're doing.

Would we get compensation for him?

It would be a worry if we were to lose him considering we've struggled to replace ATS this season and the McMillan situation is unclear. Just at the time we seem to finally be sorting out our central defensive issues we might end up with the problems switching to full back.

Our players and coaches going to DU is commonplace now.

SOD has done well for us so I don't grudge him getting his move.

I wouldn't be too fussed if Bannigan went.

Both are replaceable, but hopefully McMillan can sort himself out.

That's the nature of Scottish football though. Very few teams can afford any transfer fees for top league players so simply wait to sign them on pre contract agreements. You can't really blame United in what they're doing.

Sure, i don't, its just when 1 team is cherry picking your better players its easy to see why some fans get irritated. I personally think it has nothing to do with McNamara as was being made out that's all.

Is everyone forgetting that Bannigan is still under contract until 2016? We'd be demanding some decent cash from United, should they even be interested. Some folk suggesting that he wouldn't be a miss must watch a different game from me.

I would be relatively nonplussed if O'Donnell left. Can be a great attacking outlet but is still poor defensively. He is particularly fragile mentally - he's self critical to the point that it erodes his confidence but McNamara seemed to know how to get the best out of him. Should we still be in the Premier next season, I think we'll have a far easier time replacing O'Donnell than Sinclair. That is also ignoring the fact that, should all this furore blow over, we've got a ready made replacement in McMillan (should he re-sign which is in no way guaranteed, I suppose).

I was surprised SOD didn't go to United 2 years ago when he was out of contract after promotion, maybe McNamara wasn't sure he was up to it at that point. Can't see him leaving in January unless the McMillan situation resolves itself making him able to play again AND we get a silly offer.

Archived