Partick Thistle General Chatter: 2014/15

he's cost us numerous times last season with some lackadaisical defending... Muirhead was pretty solid last week and a lot better on the ball... He cost us points last week and muirhead didn't so should be dropped IMO ... As far as I heard.. Bombscare again today!

Balatoni is a superior player to muirhead.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he's cost us numerous times last season with some lackadaisical defending... Muirhead was pretty solid last week and a lot better on the ball... He cost us points last week and muirhead didn't so should be dropped IMO ... As far as I heard.. Bombscare again today!

Muirhead was anything but solid last week and any time he had the ball at his feet he just aimlessly hoofed it forward. Balatoni is a better player

^idiot found^

I don't know how today went so will wait to see the opinion of those who attended today. However as soon as Balatoni paired with Mair last season our defence became much better. It's not an opinion, it's pretty much a fact and accepted by all except clearly you.

Balatoni had his first big shocking game since Muirhead was last in the team. You now think he should be chucked for Muirhead who has shown he can't cut it in this league?

Anyone know what is with the sudden influx this season of utterly moronic Jags posters?

He was shocking at Morton as well FYI.

The guy is allowed an opinion rightly or wrongly.

instead of your snide comments with no real explanations why don't you discuss it?

He was shocking at Morton as well FYI.

The guy is allowed an opinion rightly or wrongly.

instead of your snide comments with no real explanations why don't you discuss it?

I've just fully explained the thinking behind my reasoning. Read it back. He's allowed an opinion but will be rightly called out if I consider it moronic.

I've just fully explained the thinking behind my reasoning. Read it back. He's allowed an opinion but will be rightly called out if I consider it moronic.

Ok then here is a question for you. Has Muirhead had a chance at playing alongside an experienced centre back? i dont think he has but could be wrong.

sure Balatoni and Mair did play well together in comparison to him and Muirhead but can we say for sure Muirhead wouldn't have improved?

its a reasonable question i think. I have seen a huge difference in Muirhead's play and his confidence seems shot to pieces and looks nervous to receive the ball. He wasn't like that during our title winning season.

Its something that everyone knows needs to be addressed but Balatoni looks like he is over confident and leads to stupid errors that should never happen.

Ideally we could punt both Balatoni and Muirhead for being pish, but like other bottom six sides we'll probably just have to put up with shite defending every other week. Balatoni looks acceptable enough as a partner to both Mair last season and Seaborne this (albeit I didn't see him today), so should always start ahead of Muirhead who's offered us little more than bombscare stuff since we were promoted.

More importantly, our manager needs to go back to being bald.

Ok then here is a question for you. Has Muirhead had a chance at playing alongside an experienced centre back? i dont think he has but could be wrong.

sure Balatoni and Mair did play well together in comparison to him and Muirhead but can we say for sure Muirhead wouldn't have improved?

its a reasonable question i think. I have seen a huge difference in Muirhead's play and his confidence seems shot to pieces and looks nervous to receive the ball. He wasn't like that during our title winning season.

Its something that everyone knows needs to be addressed but Balatoni looks like he is over confident and leads to stupid errors that should never happen.

You're quite right that he didn't. Balatoni has however always looked the more assured and confident out of the two, even during the title season. When stepping up Muirhead consistently looked out of his depth. Balatoni was wobbly but looked the more assured out of the two.

You're quite right that he didn't. Balatoni has however always looked the more assured and confident out of the two, even during the title season. When stepping up Muirhead consistently looked out of his depth. Balatoni was wobbly but looked the more assured out of the two.

I am going to have a difference of opinion from you but i guess thats what football is all about. i thought Muirhead looked like a really good footballer who could come out from the back and make very decent passes. Anyway doesn't really matter Archie is the one who needs to get it right and i think he will.

I meant during the first division. i agree on the part about him looking out of depth in the premiership.

^idiot found^

I don't know how today went so will wait to see the opinion of those who attended today. However as soon as Balatoni paired with Mair last season our defence became much better. It's not an opinion, it's pretty much a fact and accepted by all except clearly you.

C'mon now sweet pea don't get personal.. I'm stating an opinion and for me he seems to get away with some poor performances... I think he could do with being dropped and trying something else ie muirhead and seaborne.... Maybe this will give him a kick up the arse. He cost us last week and played today and we got beat.... I'd 100% be chapping on arches door if I was muirhead.

I am going to have a difference of opinion from you but i guess thats what football is all about. i thought Muirhead looked like a really good footballer who could come out from the back and make very decent passes. Anyway doesn't really matter Archie is the one who needs to get it right and i think he will.

I meant during the first division. i agree on the part about him looking out of depth in the premiership.

I guess so. It's disappointing with Muirhead as we all had high hopes but he's had his chance with us and is done methinks.

C'mon now sweet pea don't get personal.. I'm stating an opinion and for me he seems to get away with some poor performances... I think he could do with being dropped and trying something else ie muirhead and seaborne.... Maybe this will give him a kick up the arse. He cost us last week and played today and we got beat.... I'd 100% be chapping on arches door if I was muirhead.

Are you an ex/current We Are Thistle poster? Would explain alot.

I always thought Muirhead was the better defender in division 1 but Balatoni has made the step up better.

Neither are good enough though if we have any ambition of doing anything other than just staying up and nothing more.

With our current budget restraints I don't see us being anything other than relegation candidates each season we are in the top flight, nor can I see it ever changing in the near future. Unsure how St Mirren seem more cash rich than us when they have an owner who doesn't want to own them.

Done deal and he's away down south to sort things out before coming back up tomorrow/Monday to sign is what the rumour was today.

Archie's saying he wants another couple players in. Presuming it'll be Ecclestone and a wide player he's looking at.

I think the bing looks that shite there's now an apathy amongst the support about what they are doing with it.

There's a thread about it on WAT and IIRC it didn't even get that many replies so far when it was a massive issue the last time it came around.

Archived