Partick Thistle General Chatter: 2014/15

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't impressed with BRE against Sunderland. I actually thought that Balatoni had to clean up his mess a few times. He looked unsure, and a bit clumsy but it was only 45 mins of football and he has obviously spent more time with Archie looking at him more closely. The CB who played with Muirhead in the 2nd half against Sunderland looked more assured, vocal and confident. BRE is certainly a big lad and has presence but if he's being loaned out it may be the smart move at this point. Piccolo was not good enough. I wish him the best and hope he finds a good club this season.

The fella you refer to was fast, too. He did have a knack of passing himself into trouble.

I think Stevenson is being played out of position, which is leading to him not being as effective as he should be. He doesn't make the kind of runs off the ball a natural striker does, and whilst his hold up play is decent (today being an exception), it's not as good as either Doolan's or Taylor's was.

I'd have Stevenson in the starting lineup every time, but it would be at the expense of Lawless rather than Doolan.

Had a quick look at WAT and FJF. Stevenson appears to becoming a scapegoat.

The pies are great too.

Surprised they haven't blamed Craigen yet :lol:

We've scored in each match we've played so far so it's not exactly a failed tactic using him up front. Once we get a striker in he'll drop back into midfield.

Had a quick look at WAT and FJF. Stevenson appears to becoming a scapegoat.

The pies are great too.

My pie's arse fell off but tasted good.

Stevo was poor, but who wasn't?

If we don't get a defender or two in before the deadline and another forward, as the reality is that Stevenson isn't a striker and Doolan needs some quality next to him, we are in for a long and treacherous season. It's a bit worrying that Archie has been very quiet since he said he wanted to get some more bodies in. Doesn't look good as clubs around us like St Mirren and Dundee continue to strengthen.

He could have agreed to buy a dog off Gumtree from someone in Glasgow and literally be going to see a man about a dog.

Also, going to see a man about a dog was a phrase my uncle used whenever he excused himself to go to the toilet. I'd say that's less likely.

Archived