Partick Thistle General Chatter: 2014/15

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we get Cregg I guess Osbourne won't be signing.

Fraser and Bannigan won't be consistent enough to play well in 38 games. I would prefer a fully fit Osbourne but Cregg would be a good signing.

Would depend on his "fitness". I'd love to re-sign the Cairney we had in his first or, especially, third season with us. However he was shocking in the second season, with reported health issues. Not sure what condition he's in, but worth a look.

Can't see us replacing ATS with an untried player from the 4th tier. Might be brought in as back-up though.

I suppose it worked out well for Dundee United.

If he's U20 then he'll be for the U20s more than likely.

Cregg is a very steady player. I think there were quite a few cynics, myself included, when we brought him in but he does the basic stuff very well and allows the ball players to influence the game further up the park. We've got a few kids coming through in his position, hence why he was released, but he's more than capable of playing in the Premiership.

Perhaps I've been unlucky to only see some of his poorer displays but I've watched MacDonald on a couple of occasions and haven't been convinced. Tall and rangy, not dissimilar to Sinclair in that respect, but a bit suspect defensively. I think he might be better in midfield, possibly even in a central position, but would need a lot of work as a full back. Certainly not at the same level that Robertson was at Queen's Park this time last year and would struggle in the Premier.

There was some talk that we were interested in Joe Chalmers of Celtic but that was before a bit of an unconvincing loan spell at Falkirk who nonetheless appear to be interested in signing him permanently.

Think Cairney would need a bit of time to get fit but could do a job in the attacking mid vacancy that's left by Erskine (who struggled at us anyway this year but was better than any other option). Left back is the most pressing need as they seem much rarer to find.

Think Cairney would need a bit of time to get fit but could do a job in the attacking mid vacancy that's left by Erskine (who struggled at us anyway this year but was better than any other option). Left back is the most pressing need as they seem much rarer to find.

Would take both Cairney and Erskine (though that depends on United) both can score goals, Chris just needs to get his confidence back. We have already let go Forbes and Buaben who were not good enough and Craigen has still to prove a lot he is up for the SPL and did not score enough last season either. Also Lawless may be away as well, add in injuries and suspensions and there is room for both Cairney and Erskine if we can get them both

Archived